non scale victories (Nsv's)

Options
honeynutloop
honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
Does anyone have any Nsv's that they would like to share and celebrate?
I'm feeling a bit braver these days and recently climbed up a kids play frame to help my son past a tricky bit without feeling self conscious.
Managed to reach 2 of my june goals - walking 25miles and fitting into a particular pair of trousers - already :smiley:

Replies

• BevSmith0142
    BevSmith0142 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That's excellent! I think these victories are just as good, if not better, than scale victories. :) Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you start to feel fitter, have more endurance and can fit back into smaller clothes? Way to go - you are doing great.
  • ErinCMDonohue
    ErinCMDonohue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely noticing more pep in my step. I'm feeling much more confident! There are no real visible changes, but knowing I'm working really hard at improving my health is enough to boost my self esteem. It's wonderful!
  • GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My knees are doing so much better, I used to actually not be able to stand straight without my knees popping from weight and pain and they haven't done that in weeks. I posted this in another thread but my boobs come first and not my belly now, woohoo me, okay so I have big boobs always had but that's besides the point, lol. Way to go Honey and Erin!
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    I can relate to the boobs before the belly - hahaha.
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Erin, isn't it great to start feeling more energetic?
  • melbabe75
    melbabe75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Today I was at a family christening I manage to avoid bread and said no to all manner of delicious and incredibly tempting cakes. I consider this a NSV
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Absolutely Mel! I think this is one of the most challenging for most of us. There can be a lot of pressure when you are at events like this to "try" everything on offer. Well done you.
  • melbabe75
    melbabe75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Mel! I think this is one of the most challenging for most of us. There can be a lot of pressure when you are at events like this to "try" everything on offer. Well done you.
    Thanks Bev x
  • cbrestensky
    cbrestensky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My fat pants are quickly becoming loose again! Hooray!!!! I'm going to try the ones I haven't been wearing because they were getting a little uncomfortable. My bra is fastening a notch tighter (last place I gain, first place I lose). I used to have to pull the car seatbelt the whole way out to get it buckled, and now there is some slack! I have a long way to go, but all of this is making me feel pretty good today. We can all do this 1 day at a time. ALL your little efforts and victories add up to big changes.
  • tcesiunas
    tcesiunas Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My fat pants are quickly becoming loose again! Hooray!!!! I'm going to try the ones I haven't been wearing because they were getting a little uncomfortable. My bra is fastening a notch tighter (last place I gain, first place I lose). I used to have to pull the car seatbelt the whole way out to get it buckled, and now there is some slack! I have a long way to go, but all of this is making me feel pretty good today. We can all do this 1 day at a time. ALL your little efforts and victories add up to big changes.

Way to go! All of those NSVs make a huge difference in confidence and you are definitely on your way to achieving every goal! Keep it up girl :smile:
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options

WooHoo! Loads of reasons to celebrate.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I got my first stripe in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on Wednesday evening. I did not expect it as I am so new to the sport, but went to grading mostly to support my team mates who were getting stripes or belt promotions. My Sensei told me that he felt I deserved it because of the 6 months of fitness training I have done with him where I showed him my commitment and made huge progress. He was also impressed with my commitment to BJJ and my attitude even though it is just a short time. It was super encouraging, especially just before my big fencing competition.
  • leeyuhsee
    leeyuhsee Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I woke up wanting to go running. And so I did.
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Yes, ladies - we got this! Now I can't do running (balance issues) but I did get up yesterday walked into town - all around town a couple of times and then walked home again. I managed 2 1/2 hours yesterday and kept my speed up as much as possible throughout. I got home just as the humidity was starting to kick in as well.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    leeyuhsee wrote: »
    I woke up wanting to go running. And so I did.

Awesome!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I ran 5 km for the first time yesterday morning! I've been working up to it for a few months, since I realised that my fitness was actually at a level where it was a possibility.
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    That's excellent and you must have felt great for achieving the 5K. It's wonderful when we can see results in our level of fitness and endurance too.
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    Sorry just catching up all of your achievements, very proud of all of you! I think my best achievement is the fact that I actually tucked my shirt into my skirt and went to work, normally I hide all the fat by leaving it hang out and this time I felt good enough to tuck it in, huge victory for me!
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Ginette I know exactly what you mean, I still wear my tops outside. It must have felt amazing to be able to wear it comfortably tucked in.
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    It sure did, and today walking to the van to drive my oldest to work she stopped walking turned and said mom you can really see you are losing weight, made my whole day!