non scale victories (Nsv's)

Options

Replies

• honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    More cms gone. Much less of me around these days.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Got asked how much weight I have lost today. I haven't seen a scale in two weeks so have no idea what happened since the last time I saw this person. Someone else then said that regardless of the scale, she can see that I have lost lots of cm. I really should check the cm at some point...
  • BevSmith0142
    BevSmith0142 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the best feelings ladies, when family, friends or acquaintances tell us they can see the weight loss. I think this is one of the best NSV's out there. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congrats ladies, keep up the amazing work! My supervisor stopped me today and said your pants are baggy, and when I thought gee that was rude, she said it's a good thing, you are looking great, lol. Guess it was a backhanded compliment but i'll take it!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    GinetteMac wrote: »
    Congrats ladies, keep up the amazing work! My supervisor stopped me today and said your pants are baggy, and when I thought gee that was rude, she said it's a good thing, you are looking great, lol. Guess it was a backhanded compliment but i'll take it!

I got one similar to that when I wore my old jeans. They were really baggy and my friend told me quite bluntly that I need new jeans. I know what she meant but the way she said it just didn't come out right.

Anyway, I did get around to buying new jeans a few weeks ago and they were 3 sizes smaller than the last time I bought any. I put the new ones on today and they are super baggy and desperately need a belt to stay up!
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Ladies - that's wonderful! Best validation that all your hard work and effort is paying off. Keep going!
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    A recent NSV for me was I've noticed I can walk faster now for longer periods of time. Not too long ago, walking into town would easily take me 40+ minutes and that was me exerting myself. Last week I made it in 27 minutes and I usually average 30 minutes! Yay! :)
  • honeynutloop
    Options
    1000cals of exercise today! Yeah its mfp so its exaggerated but I'm still pleased as punch and it's still lots! Off to bed to recover o:)
  • Dory_42
    Options
    1000cals of exercise today! Yeah its mfp so its exaggerated but I'm still pleased as punch and it's still lots! Off to bed to recover o:)

WooHoo!! Well done. I also hit that yesterday, but had so much fun burning them I didn't even realise until I read your post!
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Well done! Great to see those calories being burned off and even better when you are enjoying yourself doing it too!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Chatting with our Sensei tonight he tells the group of girls that when I started training at the gym in January, I was one of the un-fitest people he had ever trained. (He knows I won't take offence at that, because I am aware of how bad my fitness was.) He emphasised that the point of making the comment was to highlight how impressed he is with my progress and that I can be really proud of it.

Also, I rolled with one of the new guys at our gym (who has been doing mma for three years) and afterwards he asked how long I have been doing bjj. He was very surprised when I said 6 weeks and complimented me on my tight game. It really is a credit to my Sensei and the others in the club who have all helped me so much, and a result of my dedication to be on the mat so often.
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Wow, that's really impressive. That is certainly an achievement and one very well worth being proud of as well. You must have felt like a million bucks that day especially to earn that kind of recognition and praise from your Sensei who I am sure is not easily impressed. Isn't it wonderful to see our efforts and dedication from other people's eyes because we can sometimes be our own worst critics. You are an inspiration hun. :D
  • honeynutloop
    Options
    Hit my july goal of walking 31miles+ total. How's everyone else getting on with their goals?
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Well done. I did a minute based exercise challenge in July. The goal was 1000 minutes and I hit that so I changed mine to 2000 and hit that as well. Considering one week was holiday and another was low due to injury issues, and the fact that I am pushing because of a big competition in August, I set my August goal at 3000!!
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Well done ladies! You aree doing great!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I sink! I used to be buoyant in the water but obviously I have lost enough fat and grown enough muscle to change that! It is a bitter sweet nsv as I loved my buoyancy but I also love my new muscles.
  • honeynutloop
    Options
    Lots of gardening done today.
  • honeynutloop
    Options
    My son rode a bike for the first time today. Hb videoed it and i didn't mind being in it - too busy focusing on my boy (pedalling backwards, d'oh). Didn't even super analyse how i looked when it was played back. Funny how spending some time on your self makes you less self-centred!! :D
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Honey, isn't it wonderful when you start to feel more comfortable being videoed or taking photos. I've hated both for years now because I could never reconcile myself to the way I looked. I think that's a wonderful NSV. Captain, had to smile when I read yours because I know there are lots of us that can relate. Never mind hun, with all the workouts you are doing you'll have loads of stamina to do laps in the pool ;)
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Well done! I have a similar one. It was my friend's birthday so we all went out last night. Today all the pics are on Facebook and I'm trying to figure out who the one person is (the lighting was bad), only to realise it was me! I'm so much smaller that I didn't even recognise myself!

In addition, I bought some more clothes yesterday (summer pjs and more workout shorts, because I can't wash quickly enough to meet the needs of my training!) and they were SMALL.