NSV!!

Options
_Virgo_
_Virgo_ Posts: 24 Member
So I work at a doctor's office where we have quite a few rep sponsored lunches through out the week. Since I started my lifestyle change a little over 2 weeks ago I have sat through each lunch eating what I brought without too much issue. Today though was a true test! We had Indian Food for lunch which was always something I couldn't seem to control on how much I ate. Not only did I not have any, but the meal that was brought in for me I am taking home to my brother. Talk about self control! So excited and proud of myself!!!! =)

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's definitely a win!! Perhaps you can encourage them to all start being a little more "flexible" in the sponsored lunches! There's a ton of catering than can be friendly to multiple eating plans!
  • _Virgo_
    _Virgo_ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm sure if I asked they would, but honestly I don't want to stop others from eating things they love because I am making a life choice you know? I have diligently taken my lunch to work everyday mostly because I know exactly what is in it, and how much it all costs me calorie wise. I plan everything the night before (Breakfast and Lunch wise) cause it helps me stay on track. I don't think mentally I am ready to steer off the path yet. I feel like I am too new and need the structure of a strict guideline that I am giving myself. =)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Totally understandable - and it's so great that you know yourself that well - to easily and guiltlessly make the call. Sooner or later they are bound to notice the fact you aren't eating the food, and maybe they'll be brave enough to ask!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome NSV!!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Great job and congrats! Self control is a great thing to have :)