How do you know when and if you are fully adapted ( keto adapted) ?

Options
2»

Replies

• SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well think of all the vitamins and minerals bread and breakfast cereals are supplemented with. Iron, Mg, etc etc. You're missing out on all that it you're not eating it so you may need to supplement.
  • pedidiva
    pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What else in your life is going on? What other medical issues do you have? What meds are you on? Are you going through some hormonal change?

There may be other factors causing you to not sleep well other than your diet.
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    saraphim41 wrote: »
    I was just about to post about not being able to fall asleep at night lately and I saw this post. Interesting info about the cortisol... I haven't been doing IF so I am not sure why all of a sudden I cannot fall asleep easily. I started back at LCHF on May 26th. I was going to start eating something small later at night after dinner to see if that eases up the sleeplessness I have been experiencing. Maybe your body is hungry too?

I was having trouble sleeping--long history of late nights due to working schedule. After increasing my magnesium because of leg cramps I am sleeping very well, thank you. :) Just a thought.

It might. I started with 100 mg Magnesium Citrate (Spring Valley brand, not expensive), and take 1 ea/da (2 if extra workout). Seems OK for me, but we are not all the same.

We lose some extra magnesium to flushing fat "ashes?" according to some sources. Just what I read, I'm not an expert by any means.