Sugar-free/calorie-free syrups.

CoconuttyMummy
CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
Im using Waldens Farm calorie free syrups and dips at the moment, and im very happy with them, but im wondering if there are any even tastier syrups out there.

I use them for pancakes, waffles & coffee, but also to flavor recipes like cheesecake etc, so i use them a lot.

Whilst on the subject, does anyone have any natural flavorings they can recommend? Ive been using a natural flavoring brand called Cupcake World on Amazon, but some of their flavors can taste quite artificial (and the peanut butter one is just vile).

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    I have no idea, but was just at the store looking at them. So you like them? It's pricey.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    edited June 2015
    GSD_Mama wrote: »
    I have no idea, but was just at the store looking at them. So you like them? It's pricey.

Walden Farms gave me instant migraines, and I don't suffer from migraines normally. NEVER AGAIN in my book. Between the unknown migraine inducing additives and the sugar alcohols, I won't even try these again. (google sugar free gummi bears amazon.com reviews for why I avoid sugar alcohols)

Personally, I obsessed with finding "replacements" and such for the first few months, but I actually like not having them now. But I also have a whole history of eating issues, so I had to break the mental stuff first. If it's not like that for you, I wish you luck.

I've heard a lot of folks talk about Torani syrups (they are intended for coffee but can be used in anything). They are Splenda sweetened.

Personally, I'm looking forward to trying some of the unsweetened pure extracts @Alliwan and @Dragonwolf suggested a while back - when I have some money to spare...
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    I didn't buy any, i just don't know how that stuff will make me feel and i might become addicted, so i try to avoid any stuff like that. :)
  • CoconuttyMummy
    GSD_Mama wrote: »

Yup, i really love their Pancake Syrup, and also have & like strawberry, caramel & chocolate.

I was just looking at the Da Vinci syrups, wondering if they'd be even better.

• DissLocated
    DissLocated Posts: 43 Member
    I find Da Vinci syrups vary a lot between flavours. My favourite is Joseph's thick maple syrup. I buy it here in the UK but think it's imported from America.
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 208 Member
    I find Da Vinci syrups vary a lot between flavours. My favourite is Joseph's thick maple syrup. I buy it here in the UK but think it's imported from America.

I like the Da Vinci syrups, too. I try to only use them occasionally though. I don't feel like they satisfy my taste for sweets, but instead make me want more sweets.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    edited June 2015
    I have Walden farms blueberry syrup. Doesn't taste at ALL like blueberry. Just tastes like sweetness. Lol.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    I have Walden farms blueberry syrup. Doesn't taste at ALL like blueberry. Just tastes like sweetness. Lol.

By the reviews it sounds like that is the worst one. I love the caramel, pancake, chocolate & strawberry flavors.

• CoconuttyMummy

Ooh i'll check out the Josephs. Thanks.

Which are your favorite Da Vinci flavors?

• CoconuttyMummy

I like the Da Vinci syrups, too. I try to only use them occasionally though. I don't feel like they satisfy my taste for sweets, but instead make me want more sweets.

Do you have any favorite flavors you could recommend?

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member

By the reviews it sounds like that is the worst one. I love the caramel, pancake, chocolate & strawberry flavors.

Of COURSE I would buy the nasty one ;)

• MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    I buy Divinci and Torani syrups. Natures hollow also make some products I like. I don't like any of these companies' attempts at chocolate syrup or chocolate flavor. It always tastes fake and disgusting to me. If I want chocolate flavor I will add Hershey's pure cocoa powder.

I refuse to buy anything from Walden because they claim all their products have zero carbs. This is a lie. The laws in the United States allow this manufacturer to claim "0 carbs" if the product in question contains >1 g carb per serving. But what if the carb count is 0.9 g per suggested serving size? And what if you use more than one serving? I believe this is deceptive and false advertising, the mark of an unethical company, and I refuse to buy their products. I suspect many people have, unawares, experienced carb creep by using these products and not counting the hidden carbs in them. If you look at the ingredients, it is impossible for most of these products to have 0 cal, zero carbs and zero fat, which is what the company claims.
  • DissLocated
    DissLocated Posts: 43 Member

Ooh i'll check out the Josephs. Thanks.

Which are your favorite Da Vinci flavors?

Butterscotch :)

• azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 208 Member

Do you have any favorite flavors you could recommend?

I. Like the sugar free vanilla and the caramel the best. Sugar free raspberry, hazel nut, kahlua and brown sugar cinnamon are good, too.