How many lbs you had to lose to change pants size?

Options
13»

Replies

• CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I've lost 24lbs and im still wearing the same size clothes - they just fit me better now :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I think much depends on your particular body composition and shape.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Just under 20lb lost and I'm still in the same size as when I started. Though at least two pairs of my skinny pants look like they'll need to be resized soon. Other things fit way better than they used to, but there's still one pair of high-waisted pants that I hate to wear and they feel like I'm still super bloaty.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    319: Size 4X with stretch band (roughly 28W-30W)
    ~300: Size 26 W
    270-275: Size 24 W
    260: Size 22W (shrunk twice in dryer)
    240: Size 20W (shrunk accidentally in dryer - I wore these about 2 years ago, as perspective - I was about 250-255 when I first bought them)...

So right now, I wear the twice shrunk ones in a 22W and the accidentally shrunk 20W a little tight for my taste at 240, give or take.

I'm 5'4" tall and 39 next month. I have an oversized hourglass shape, and I've always cinched in at the waist. So it took me roughly 70-80 pounds to go 5 pants sizes... But I can tell you that the inches make a huge difference. About 3 years ago, I dropped down to 250 or so, but I was still wearing 2X-3X in elastic waist. I can't wear either now without feeling like they will fall off completely. So my body composition and losing fat rather than just weight seems to make a HUGE difference in sizing...

I haven't bought or tried on new pants in a year, so I've no idea what unwashed, off the rack size I am...