6/20/15, Day One

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Hi gang,
I'm starting this thread early so any new members can find the first message of the new challenge. Hi Niki--hope you found us.

I've decided to tweak my three goals for the challenge and do exercise every day, food logging every day, and maybe 80 oz. of water every day. I need to save meal planning for after my sciatic nerves settle down because right now shopping and cooking is pretty difficult. That said, I reserve the right to change my mind again because I really do need to stop mindlessly grazing and snacking!

What are your goal(s) for the ten day challenge?

K.

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I will repost my goals here to bump this back up :smile:

1. Treadmill 10 out of 10 days-so that is 10 more episodes of GRIMM which takes me to the end of season 3 :-(
    2. No food after 6 pm
    3. Log food- this is by far the hardest goal for these 10 days!

Here's to the next 10 days...and today is gonna be tough...my day off!

We can do this!!

nancy
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Go Nancy!!!

I'm just starting my day, but feeling motivated and focused.

Yup, we can do this. Going for 100%!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!

To understand, please read my 06.20.2015 misc thoughts.

Feeling much more **in control** now that I'm having the break through that I truly believe food is poisioning me. Today, I am cutting out pasta & rice.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Cari, I read your post and commented. I'm so happy you're doing the challenge!

Ladies, is it wrong that I decided to order my "prize" already??? LOL! I was going to give myself $100 for a spa visit, then I realized that instead of spending so much for one facial or whatever, that I should spend it on some good skincare products. I'm terrible about my skincare--I wash my face with plain soap and water and use whatever cheapo moisturizer is on sale. So I dug around and found a $55 "aging skin" starter kit from dermalogica that looks great, and I ordered it online. I was SHOCKED by the price of the really good skincare products. $75 for a little tube of eye cream? Seriously???

So yeah, I better give this challenge my all since my prize is already coming, lol!

K.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Haven't yet thought of a prize....I'll hopefully be feeling better which itself is a prize.
  • KarenZen
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Cari, you should give yourself a prize, too. Even if it's something small like a new lipstick or a new pair of shoes. I love to shop online at fullbeauty.com (which used to be onestopplus.com). I go right for the clearance section and have picked up some fantastic shoes that were originally $80-90 and I paid $12. Or bathing suits for $20. Or, my favorite, maxi dresses from Jessica London (the only ones who seem to make them in "tall" sizes... most maxi dresses hit me mid-calf). The one I'm wearing right now was $75, but I got it on clearance and used a coupon code and paid $24. We're on a pretty tight budget now that I'm not working (and especially with some of the expensive meds I'm on for Still's Disease--my co-pay for kineret is $300/month right now, aaarrgghhh!), so I can't afford to just blow through money, and I've learned how to really hunt for a bargain and squeeze a nickel out of every penny. Even so, I think a reward to acknowledge when I make a super-human effort like for this ten day challenge is important. Positive reinforcement, baby!

It's almost 4:30 p.m. here. My exercise is done for the day, and I've logged everything I've eaten (and my water intake, which has been really good). My "one thing to move toward clean eating" was to have Jim pick up an organic roasted chicken for us to pick at for lunch and dinner. Lunch was chicken and yogurt. Dinner will be a big salad and chicken. I have a head of cauliflower that I may roast with some carrots too. Just chop up, toss in a little olive oil, sprinkle on some herbs and spices (like garlic powder, onion powder, and fresh rosemary), then bake at 400 on a cookie sheet until tender, usually 25 minutes if the pieces are good sized.

Nancy, I hope you got your Grimm and treadmilling in!

xxxooo
    K.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Last post for me of Day 1. Pretty good day! I did my three goals at 100%. Stayed under my calories for the day. Drank lots of water. My only "failure" of today was that instead of doing my after dinner chores, I fell asleep! Partly due to a Still's flare, partly the flexeril I took. I'd like to claim that I'm going to get up now ( which I am, to shower and wash my hair) and do chores, but the bed is so cozy and I have a trashy romance novel to read, soooooooo....

Goodnight, all! Hope you had a fabulous day too! Nancy, if you want to start the new day on your time zone, go for it!

K.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I only did part of my plan 'yesterday' as I had some stomach issues....I'll pick it up today.