Hi Everyone- Quick Intro of Me

Options
MandaLeigh123
MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
I'm going to stop lurking and start posting a little more in the group! 33yo nursing student. Lifting since December 2014, lifting heavy since February 2015 and recommitted to health August 2014. On and off exerciser/lifter for the past 15 years. My activity levels vary a lot but right now I do two days of full body lifting, two days of intense cardio then random activities most other days. I have a chronic pain condition caused by hyper mobile joints, been dealing with that for around 9 years. I was doing a lot olypmic style lifts, but because of my sloppy joints, have moved back to machines to avoid injury. I've just jacked the weights way up on them! Working with my physical therapist and chronic pain doc to build up strength in smaller stabilization muscles and smaller accessory muscles. I still do use free weights, just not for my entire routine anymore. Vegetarian diet for past 22 years. History of being a fat vegan, haha :-) Yo-yo dieter. Currently at a healthy BMI and am working to turn some of this fat into muscle with a small caloric cut. Found the group Eat More 2 Weigh Less in February 2015 and totally redeveloped my relationship with food and the scale. I no longer have a "goal weight" but my goal is to lose some fat and keep up my strength. Would love to bench 100lbs, currently at 65lbs.
Nice to meet you all!

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

Bench can be slow to move up but you'll get there. Just keep on pushing. :smile:
  • TrystanCamp
    TrystanCamp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have an awesome issue with really bad pain in my joints as well. I can't do preacher curls at all as my elbows start to hurt instantly so bad I can't stand it. I've have 3 shoulder surgeries and a knee surgery in the past 6 months but am healing and on to the heavier weights. I use light Dumbbells and machines for heavier weight. We just do what we do and make it work