MAGICAL MINI MUFFINS from veggies,almond flour & seeds

Options
KETOGENICGURL
KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
HI all..am in month 5 of LCH and am doing a plant based low protein version for health reasons. all is going well, but I was missing the 'bread/cake' taste in my fare.

Here is what I JUST made from a basic Pizza dough from cauliflower. I found an Almond flour bread recipe…. and a few others. I began experimenting..and so far I am happy with the results.

I had leftover pizza dough from these two items, and put them in silicon cupcake forms…turned out to be the cutest wee muffins.

Today I made the same pizza dough recipe, but no pizza spice, and I altered it this way:
BASIC PAN DOUGH
1.5 C fine ground "meal" cauliflower--squeeze all water out using fine strainer
1 C almond flour…

mix together, add 1 lg egg..… 1 tbl olive oil (OR 3 tbl melted butter)
THIS IS THE BASIC PIZZA DOUGH' RECIPE..adding spices & shredded cheese happens here for pizza.

MULTISEED MINI MUFFINS in silicon cupcake molds.
ADD -grind 1/8 C flaxseeds fine, add to wet mix.
1 tsp baking powder,
Added 1 tsp vanilla, Capella "sugar cookie" flavor drops, 5 packets Truvia/or sweetener.
…..mix and pour into muffin cups.

Version 2-- to wet mix, add 2 tbl fine ground sesame seeds + 2 tbl sunflower seeds.

Version 3- add ground hemp seeds to other 2 seeds, mix into wet mix.

BAKE 20-30 MIN 350-400 (I use toaster oven)

the VERSION 2/3 baked up TWICE as tall, and nice dense muffins (makes sense seed dust bulks the flat dough up)

TASTE TEST: hemp seed version reminds me of plain unsweet carrot cake ....but good with sweetened cream cheese!

the 3 seeded ones are nice with butter, I added some chopped almonds to mix…

OTHER VERSIONS: so zucchini, carrots, etc and other veggies added to fine cauliflower ( an almond flour) with ground, and some chopped seeds can be a fun way to get veggies, egg, and seed protein.

I was getting tired of big bowls of steamed veggies..now I am chuffed to keep baking!

Replies

• jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing you recipes! Personally I cant stand the taste , although in the background, of the cauli and just use the almond flour. Have you tried 1 minute muffins in a mug??? Pretty easy and much the same ingredients! :)
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Yes I found the site where there were tons go cake in a cup were shown…the rsults and calorie count were so high.350 it was not worth it…one egg per serving is too much on those cake cups.

also almond flour is so high in carbs, in volume that I eat too much, I am going the other way and using mostly cauli instead, and less cals and carbs…

I am not a fussy eater, so flat muffins are OK for now.!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    For the patience impaired (me), someone on the main boards posted this:
    http://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/organic-riced-cauliflower

Frozen riced cauliflower!

6vva2zitkfbo.jpg