Motivation

Options
Heddleey
Heddleey Posts: 9 Member
I am a "not so heavy girl" trying to tone up. I know it's all about the diet and excerice but it's such a long process. when I don't see results fairly quick I get discouraged. What is a good way to keep motivated?

Replies

• boomitsejay
    boomitsejay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What I found on pintrest and thought it was a cool and fun idea is to write motivational quotes on sticky notes and place them around your home. You could write "you are beautiful" or "don't wish for it, work for it" as some quotes. Hope I helped :/:D
  • abeneville
    abeneville Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I link it to a treat for myself. For example I really want new workout clothes. My current clothes are fine, just a little old and I want (not need) something new. So I have decided when I loose another 2 pounds then I can buy new clothes. It's not so far a goal that it feels unreachable, but it certainly motivates me to workout in the morning. Good luck!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    You say it's a long process, but as a young woman, you've got your whole life ahead of you. You're smart to refine your diet & exercise now that you're in your 20's. There's no rush, there is only an investment in your present and future health. No need to complicate it or believe that it's a big drag. Stay in a reasonable caloric deficit and eat what you enjoy.

And forget quick results. You know, if you read the general forums, that all of the "old pros" on MFP say that this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. Think of the big picture! Take a day off if it's a millstone around your neck, and then get back to it.

Your future self further down the road will thank you. Health is wealth, plain & simple.