6 weeks in. Dizziness and light headed

Options
2»

Replies

• airwicca
    airwicca Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey Ang...Im in the interior of BC too :) I find with keto that drinking bouillon in the morning with my breakfast makes a positive difference.I buy it organic in a jar in paste/concentrate form and add boiling water to it.Also a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day.If you are in keto and feel like you are blah and flagging, try something really high fat, like a couple tablespoons of whipping cream or something with butter.The fat I find really helps me keto adapt.
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Simple test. Next time you feel weak and dizzy, put a small teaspoon of salt in a glass of water. Dissolve and drink it. If you feel better in 10 minutes your low on sodium. I've had to reduce BP meds. So for me this doesn't impact my blood pressure.
  • emmaps55
    emmaps55 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    3 years ago I did 0--25 carbs for about a month, and I felt awful. I got light-headed, dizzy and nauseous -- finally I decided to raise my carbs to 50-100, and I immediately felt better. I had done 0-25 when I was younger, but I just can't do it anymore (at age 59). I average 75-80 a day (counting everything, not doing net carbs) and I seem to be able to lose on that while still feeling good and with energy to exercise. I do know that when I get up higher over several days (closer to 100) I start craving carbs more and more, which then pulls me off my WOE, so I guess I have a very narrow range of what will work for me.

I also try to keep my added sugar grams to zero, so the carbs I get in veggies, rice, sweet potatoes and a little bit of fruit come with fiber that helps mitigate their effect.