Weekly Post 21.-27.06.2015

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
First day of summer....and it's pouring outside and only 13°C at 9am. Hope your weather is better! I also hope it drys up a bit this afternoon for a walk.

I'm still happy with my healing progress aside from the 2-3kg of water my body is carrying around. It is part of the healing process, but I'm feeling quite bloated and my abs are tighter than I feel comfortable with.

I'm back at work tomorrow, just 50% next week. After a few days being out and about more, including an all day seminar with dinner....half days at work do seem doable ;-)

My first fast will be on Tuesday. May do a B2B or fast again on Thursday. That will help to get rid of some of the water. No social 'obligations' until Saturday, so I will make this week count!

Have an awesome week fellow fasties!!

Replies

• mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It's about 32 C here! After not doing anything for 3 months, back at it. Have gained about 5 lbs in the last couple weeks, so need some discipline. First FD-today-so far so good.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Good job jumping back in, mwhite!

My first day back at work. Really felt like I didn't do much, mostly paperwork, but I was knackered when I got home around 13h. Took a long nap ;)

Instead of losing water I actually gained another kilo over the weekend. 3-4kg since before my operation is alot. Some is real weight gain, but most is water. Lots of tea and water on Sunday and today, now my body seems to be releasing it slowly. I have decided to go for a B2B on Tuesday and Wednesday. Hoping to lose lots of the water and a bit of fat on the side.
  • magsxx
    magsxx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    First fast for me today and i've survived :) green tea for breakfast, water throughout day then naked noodles for dinner and milky way at 7. Next fast will be on thursday. Roll on breakfast tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday in my end of the world. I'm not starting my day until next week. But reading everyone's posts makes me wish I could start today
  • magsxx
    magsxx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fasting again today (wk1 #2). So far have had loadsa water and a miso soup. Dinner will be chicken breast with butternut squash, peas, spinach and sweetcorn, then a wee milky way with a cuppa tea watching tv
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Ending my back to back with 600 and 700 cals over two days.... a bit over, but still already down 2.5kg of water since Sunday morning. I also am 0.5kg under my pre op weight and hoping to get a little lower by the morning. Then time to take on those last 3kg to goal, which are not just water :p

My abs and tummy are feeling much more relaxed without the water and after the accupressure massage this afternoon. Kidneys are now up and running ;) I will continue with my own little massages to keep this up!

Have a great second half of the week!!

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Working on my second fast day this week. With my son home from school I am still working through how to continue 5:2. Just taking it one week at a time. :) Keep going everyone!
  • dorriemochan
    dorriemochan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've just started and it's good to read some posts from 'veterans' as well as newbies like me! Just wondering if anyone ever starts their fast after a normal lunch and then lasts on 500 cals until dinner the next day? I read that you don't necessarily have to start in the morning..
  • jknight001
    Options
    Others can chime in but my understanding is that a fast is around 30 hours than just 24. So I think what you thinking would work as long as there is no snacking between your normal lunch and bedtime on the first day. :wink:
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Ending my back to back with 600 and 700 cals over two days.... a bit over, but still already down 2.5kg of water since Sunday morning. I also am 0.5kg under my pre op weight and hoping to get a little lower by the morning. Then time to take on those last 3kg to goal, which are not just water :p

My abs and tummy are feeling much more relaxed without the water and after the accupressure massage this afternoon. Kidneys are now up and running ;) I will continue with my own little massages to keep this up!

Have a great second half of the week!!

Woop woop!! Sounds awesome!!! Happpy healing
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've just started and it's good to read some posts from 'veterans' as well as newbies like me! Just wondering if anyone ever starts their fast after a normal lunch and then lasts on 500 cals until dinner the next day? I read that you don't necessarily have to start in the morning..

I think it kinda works like this

Sleep fast sleep eat sleep etc
  • flumi_f
    Options

You can do 24h fasts. That just isn't the 'traditional ' 5:2. You're weekly deficit would probably be a bit less...equals slower weight loss. Could be a good transitioning tool or when a 'real' fast day isn't possible.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Yay! I'm walking briskly again. Added more incline today too. Felt good! Should be able to run again in about 4 weeks :p
  • jknight001
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Yay! I'm walking briskly again. Added more incline today too. Felt good! Should be able to run again in about 4 weeks :p

You go girl!