6/21/15, Day 2

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Good morning, lovelies!
I just wasted 20 minutes learning how to rotate pictures on my phone. The result? I'm now lying on my OTHER side, lol lol, lol!

Today is a cold and rainy day here in Maine. No father's day stuff planned for us, but I do need to make a birthday cake for Jim. His birthday is Dec. 21, so he gets a 6-month anniversary birthday too.

I'm so pleased that I did 100% of my challenge yesterday. Logging food was something that always led me to weight loss, because I really thought twice before eating, knowing it would go "on record." I found that was true yesterday too.

Well gang, I need to run into town, get some birthday wrapping paper and some blueberries and lemons and maybe treat myself to a skinny latte. Have a GREAT day 2!

Xxoo
K.

Replies

• KarenZen
    Options
    bump
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Oh, and I'm periodically going to bump these threads up because I'm doing some "recruiting" in the forums and want new members to be able to find the current thread easily.

I'm hoping Patrick, Heather, Dee, and some of the others will return for a challenge. We probably won't see much of Diana until her kids go back to school! If you guys have any MFP friends who would like to participate, please invite them in. The more, the merrier!

Xxoo
    K.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Day one was ok! I hit my step goal and logged all my food, even though I made a lot of unhealthy choices that I am not proud of. Didn't get to the gym, but I'm planning to do that today after I finish my volunteer gig at an adoption event for the local humane society. This is my first official time working at an event with them and I am so excited!!! Four hours of hanging out with dogs and trying to find them families.
  • KarenZen
    edited June 2015
    Options
    NorahCait wrote: »
    Day one was ok! I hit my step goal and logged all my food, even though I made a lot of unhealthy choices that I am not proud of. Didn't get to the gym, but I'm planning to do that today after I finish my volunteer gig at an adoption event for the local humane society. This is my first official time working at an event with them and I am so excited!!! Four hours of hanging out with dogs and trying to find them families.

wonderful!!!

I hope you find lots of good homes for them!

• KarenZen
    Options
    Oh, I meant to post too that my new method for my challenge scorecard is working with percentages, so even if I don't meet all of my goals at 100%, I still get a score (like 80%) and acknowledge PROGRESS, not failure.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Well, day 2 done for me. I stuck with it and even though I did not walk before work, I did my treadmill and GRIMM this evening! yeah! AND I stopped eating after 6 pm yesterday and today! Whew! Ready for bed!! Love the idea of working like you do Norah to get dogs adopted...I want one when I go home....hope it gets on with my 8 cats I am bringing home!! Go Karen!! You are doing an awesome job!!!! I think on our next challenge...if we are successful we should 'exchange' beaded bracelets we are making!!

See you guys for day 3!!!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Hurrah, Nancy! You are absolutely rocking that treadmill!!!

I'm doing well today, too. Amazing what logging food does. Every time I was tempted to mindlessly munch, I thought about my food log and drank water instead.

Too cold and rainy to get in the lake today, so my exercise will be yoga. Maybe some dancing. Definitely some housecleaning. My house is a MESS. I may need to pay the Merry Maids to help do the floors and dusting. aarrgghh.

• KarenZen
    Options
    Be careful what you wish for! Jim and I just spent 7 sweaty hours cleaning, sorting, dusting, tossing, and washing stuff. I skipped the yoga and decided 7 hours of housework counts as my exercise. All food is logged. Clean eats today was grass fed beef. So that's my challenge met for the day!

I'm wearing another new summer nightgown 2 sizes smaller than my winter ones, which are going to either trash or goodwill. Woohooo!

I hope you all had fabulous days and challenged yourselves!

Xxoo
    K.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Good day ladies and gents!!!

Day 2 in the books. I had a rita's waterice today, so I didn't do to well myself. Onto the next meal/day