06/16/13 to 06/22/13 Run, Walk or Crawl

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
"Play not only keeps us young but also maintains our perspective about the relative seriousness of things. Running is play, for even if we try hard to do well at it, it is a relief from everyday cares."
- Jim Fixx

"You also need to look back, not just at the people who are running behind you but especially at those who don't run and never will... those who run but don't race...those who started training for a race but didn't carry through...those who got to the starting line but didn't in the finish line...those who once raced better than you but no longer run at all. You're still here. Take pride in wherever you finish. Look at all the people you've outlasted."
- Joe Henderson

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

"Running should be a lifelong activity. Approach it patiently and intelligently, and it will reward you for a long, long time."
-Michael Sargent

Replies

• debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 2.4 miles running

WTD: 2.4 miles

Happy Sunday, everyone!
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Not much running last week, so hoping to get more runs this week.

Sunday - 2.7 miles running

Total - 2.7 miles
  • reese66
    Options
    Sammy and Debi great start to the week ladies, keep up your awesomeness :)
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 3.68 walk/run

Total 3.68
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    @ Debi, Sammy, Reesey - EXCELLENT way to start the week! WOOHOO!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Sunday: off
    Monday: 2.17 miles...slow start to the week.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    nice job, kpk54...nothing wrong with 'slow' so to speak :laugh: says the sloth...
  • kpk54
    Options
    Tuesday: 2.19 miles...need to get 3 miles in. My goal, as is walking for an hour each day.

The above is better than nothing and the walking partners keep me getting up and out but I need to commit to walk another mile after "the lake loop". Betteryet, make a second loop! Never the less decent AM for a walk. Humid but breezy.
  • kpk54
    Options
    Tuesday: 2.19 miles...need to get 3 miles in. My goal, as is walking for an hour each day.
    Wednesday: 4.06 miles...bumped it up. Yay me.
  • kpk54
    Options
    Well, I should not have been such a warrior yesterday. I've not been to the doc but am quite convinced this nagging pain I've had in my knee is a torn meniscus and yesterday was just too much. :ohwell: I can put my finger right on the spot on the inside of my left knee. I'm going to stay with this group if no one minds and just keep reporting my "time in the water". I spent 2 hours in the pool today (mostly on a noodle) but in constant motion with either arms, legs, or both.

I head to the beach for a week in a few weeks and hopefully I'll be able to do some walking there in the compacted sand, which as I think about it may not be a good idea because of the "twisting motion" that could occur . We'll see.

Thursday: 120 minutes of Motion in the Pool.
  • kpk54
    Options
    Thursday: 120 minutes of Motion in the Pool.
    Friday:120 minutes of motion in the pool.

My knee is still sore and popping. Taking Saturday off.
  • marathonbiker
    marathonbiker Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sun off/rest
    Mon 11.4 mi bike trainer
    Tu 5.65 mi run/jog
    We 3.35 mi run/jog
    Thu 11.2 mi bike trainer (early morning)
    Thu 5.15 mi at HS track w/running group (evening)
    Fri 2.5 mi walk
    Sat 6.50 mi with running group (walk, run)

Total: 45.75 mi

I signed up for my 5th Half Marathon, which will take place Oct 20. This is hilly, vineyards, dirt roads, and the price 29.00, hardly ever heard of anymore! This will give an idea of what I can expect as I train for the LA marathon next year. There's also a few hills in that as well.