6/22/15 Day 3

Options
catladyksa
catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
Well, it is bright and sunny here with a high expected of 109.4 ! And windy too! Just lovely...said with all the sarcasm I can muster up!!

Got my treadmill in this morning at 0400 am and my episode of Grimm too. Food for breakfast not bad...now heading for work!! When you all get up...I hope you have a great Day 3 challenge!! We can do it!!!

Replies

• carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and gents.

Day 3 already. WOW
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Nancy, Eeek, 109??? How can anyone function in that kind of heat? It's about 60 here right now, so 50 degrees cooler than you, and we're all in shorts, happy for warm weather, lol!

Cari, good luck today! Remember, one indulgence like a Rita's isn't a complete detail. Do some extra exercise to burn off those extra calories and you'll be even. I ate blueberry lemon birthday cake yesterday, but I planned for it and enjoyed every bite!

Since today is sunny, I'll be getting in the lake later for a swim. Doing some more cleaning and organizing (which is not easy on crutches with ice packs in your underwear, believe me, lol!). Feeling good about Day 3!

Xxoo
    K.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    *derail (not detail)!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Oh Karen, it did not derail me. I'm trying very hard to stick to giving up something each day.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Wow, I am having trouble getting anything accomplished today!!! Maybe time for some caffeine and list making. There's nothing I like better than a cup of coffee and a good list, except maybe crossing off the things I get done!

So far I'm good on logging food. I recorded my exercise but haven't actually done it yet, lol. For my clean eating, I'm going to plan an herb garden.

How are you all doing?

K.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    NOT good at all. This is the 3rd time is 3 weeks I've started my cycle. I know TMI, right. SORRY. Just a bit frustrated here. I know there's nothing wrong. Straight stress and emotions. The first 2 times, I spotted a few days. Today a faucet turned on. UGH. So needless to say. Chocolate in all forms was eaten. Then I realized why. I was craving sugar and salt. Have stayed away from the chips, although lays are calling my name.... Cari, Cari.... come eat me... LOL. BUT nope... now that it's clicked and I know why.... NOPE... not gonna get me lays. BWAHAHAH
  • KarenZen
    Options
    step away from the evil potato chips!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Well our scrappy, cold, rainy day has JUST now turned sunny, and I am now in my bathing suit getting ready to brave the chilly waters. Off we go!
  • KarenZen
    edited June 2015
    Options
    5yczu4cunsgb.jpg

dang it ! why am I sideways again?

deceptive lake tonight, surprisingly un-frigid if not warm, and the breeze is warm and full of the fragrance of our blooming roses. nice.

K.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Looks lovely Karen!! Well I finished Day 3 OK. Stuck to not eating after 6pm....did the treadmill...not great at logging in, but I am moving forward! Cari totally understand your cravings...hope you 'laid off the lays' !! lol

I ended up getting into bed around 7 pm...and feel asleep trying to read around 7:30pm. Not sure if is trying to avoid eating, or that I am exhausted or depressed that is getting me into bed earlier. I slept til 3 am so guess I needed it. Unusual for me to sleep thru like that. I have a lot on my mind these days with sorting out stuff and deciding what to take with me and what to get rid of. Oh well!

Hope you all had a great day and a lovely evening!! I am beginning Day 4....another episode of GRIMM and the treadmill is warming up!!!

Cheers
    nancy
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Congrats, Nancy, for a pretty good day three. Your early bedtime actually sounds reasonable given the horrible heat. I would make use of those early morning hours that are cooler too. Cari and Norah, how did you do today?

I just finished logging my food, and now I'll spend half an hour doing some research into clean eating (maybe herb gardening?). I've been trying to poke my head in here all day long, usually on my smart phone app. It really keeps me focused on the challenge, and because of that, when Jim came home and ate two slices of birthday cake, I was able to say "no" when he asked if I wanted one. Each piece is 667 calories, and I just couldn't justify the very, very momentary pleasure of eating it or feeling crappy from the sugar high and low afterwards. I think Jim is in shock... I actually turned down cake? Unheard of!!!! LOL!!! Usually, if there's cake in the house, I am all over that sucker and would have eaten half of the leftovers while he was at work. I'm feeling so much stronger about not acting on these cravings. Instead, what my shrink suggested, is to just sit with them, sit and realize that the "discomfort" of the craving will lessen eventually, and it truly won't kill me, and if I get busy doing something else, I may even forget about the craving.

I'm not saying my eating was perfect, but I stayed in my calorie range for the day. Tomorrow I'll make a big salad, my favorite summer meal.

Tomorrow is also, FINALLY, neurosurgeon appointment time! I hope he'll set up a cortisone shot for me, and/or PT and some stronger DRUGS!!! After my aquasize, the nerves running down my legs were "pinging" so badly, I could barely walk back into the house even with my crutches. Then I just sat on the couch and balled my eyes out.
    I guess that's it for me. I suddenly just got really, really sleepy but will keep my eyes open long enough to finish my challenge (says the queen of procrastination.... it's 11:00 p.m.!!!

See you all tomorrow, Day 4!

Hey Nancy, what is the time difference between here and there (you can just tell me west coast)?

K.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Hey Karen, great job on not eating the cake. I don't know if I have that will power yet.. I know that changing your way of eating (WOE) isn't about will power so to speak, but will power helps.

Nancy, last night the stress of Reggie being threatened to be booted out of his home by his idiot mother one more time got to me... I ended up eating the lays around 730.

On to a new day.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Sorry to hear about Reggie and his mom. Certainly does not help you with your food struggles!! I seem to just get depressed and eat!!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Yeah, that's me too.