Is LCD okay for me?

Options
jingles0231
jingles0231 Posts: 18 Member
I cannot believe I am putting this in writing but here goes: I am 5'6", 62 yrs old, female, 365 lbs, pretty much sedentary (due to a disability). MFP has me at 1790 Cal, 224 Carbs, Fiber 21, Pro. 50, Sod. 1500, Sugar 67. I don't understand anything about carbs. These 224 carbs, are they net? Actual? I'M SOOOOO CONFUSED. Will this work for me???

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't have you set for a low carb diet, right now. The protein is also really low. 224g carbs / 50g protein / 77g fat is a pretty standard low fat diet. It's also a good way to lose lean body mass and raise your triglycerides.

Low carb will work for you, if you eat low carb.

If I was in your shoes, I would aim for something more like:

80g protein
    140g fat
    50g carbs

You could raise the protein even more, if you wanted, and low (or raise a little) the carbs. The fat is just used to make the calories work out right.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Did you read the launchpad when you clicked on the forum? It's very helpful and will tell you what you need to know about carbs, intake, net carbs, all that stuff.
    I agree with the macro numbers Fit_goat recommended. As far as whether or not it will work for you, it depends on your goals. We are eating this way for life, and whatever you choose to do should be sustainable in order to build better habits and maintain your weight loss. Give it 4-6 weeks and see how you're doing.