New Kid on The Block

Options
ellemarie231
ellemarie231 Posts: 14 Member
Hello all, my name is Elle and I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian with vegan and rawist tendencies for roughly 3 years due to my being diagnosed with off-the-charts Hyperthyroidism (and later Graves').

Pre-autoimmune weight: 135 - 145 pounds

Post-autoimmune weight: 165 - 175

Now that my hyperthyroidism is back at almost-full-roar, I am re-evaluating my eating habits and my mildly active lifestyle.

I am a novice cook at best, but love to find new/unusual/fun cooking methods to add more variety and flavor to Paleo/Primal approved foods.

I own a few non Paleo cookbooks, but am always looking to expand my library.

Hopefully some of you might have some great recommendations or general tips you would like to share.

I have gone ahead and included my fitbit info incase you'd like to be friends. (I'm waiting for my fitbit to arrive, so I haven't quite figured it all out yet.)

https://www.fitbit.com/user/3JHS8Q

Hope to hear from a few of you :)

Short-term Goal: Lose 30 lbs

Replies

• lovesdivine
    lovesdivine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been meaning to look in to Paleo and see what that is. My principal recently lost some weight and he mentioned that it is due to his family going more Paleo. That peaked my interest. I am new to posting here at MFP but not new to logging my food in to the Diary. I recently opened it to the Public. I have never done the "friend" thing but I read that its a great way to give and receive motivation, support, and ideas. I would welcome you and others similar to me as friends. I am 44, single (happy about that) mother of a 20 year old young man, teacher, weight watcher/"whole" food (for the most part) eater. My high was 180 last year and I am down to about 149 now. Would like to see 135 some day. I am 5'3".
  • ellemarie231
    ellemarie231 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 31 pound weight loss! And more importantly your maintenance of that weight loss!!

I am a millenial but am not to active on social media, so I am trying to commit to the MFP communities for support and added accountability.

In regards to the Paleo/Primal lifestyle, there are many "shades or branches" of Paleo. Group A will tell you no sweet potato, while Group B will eat tons of sweet potato, etc.

I've only been "experimenting" with Paleo for a couple of weeks now and am in no way an expert or authority in the field of Paleo practices.

But my opinion on the weight loss most experience is due to their cutting out/limiting/reduce their refined sugar and processed food intake. (Naturally, anyone who goes from eating pasta bowls and Captain Crunch to veggie plates and fruit cups will lose some degree on weight.)

I'd very much like to be MFP friends, and wish you continued success :)
  • irisgal345
    irisgal345 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm post hyperthyroid as I had rai treatment. Now I'm on synthroid and living a hypothyroid life. I have Graves' disease as well. I've also been diagnosed with undifferentiated connective disorder which increases pain levels some days. I've been as high as 193 and as low as 135 when I was full blown hyperthyroid. Now I'm about 187 and hoping I can peal off 60 pounds in time. Right now I want to lose 20 pounds by September 1.

We can do this ladies!
  • lovesdivine
    lovesdivine Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I'd very much like to be MFP friends, and wish you continued success :)

:)