Elaine's AHA Checkins!

Options
BikerGirlElaine
BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
I start my 10 days today, Monday June 22. I am following a supervised plan. I have been keeping a log of what I eat but I need to transition into seeing the numbers more. I only log some days in MFP. I'm not supposed to be too rigid about things, but I also know in my heart that I've used that as an excuse and been too lax. There's no reason on earth why I can't log all of my food and activity for 10 days without getting wrapped around the axle about it. :blush:

Replies

• BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    On Monday I logged every little thing including my exercise. It wasn't a stellar day because it included 4 Quest bars. Do they put crack in those things or what? :disappointed: But I logged it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yay for logging everything! I know the feeling of getting too lax and just eating.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had 4 chocolate eclairs, but yeah, I owned it. That's what this challenge is about - owning our decisions and then doing something about it.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I logged 13 cookies on Sunday! Some things just happen. Good logging
  • BikerGirlElaine
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I logged everything on Tuesday. Every. Thing. So two days in now. I was over my planned amount by 1,059 calories.

I also made a decision to not lift weights for a while. We've been going back and forth about the Iron, should I or shouldn't I. Last night I just decided that I wasn't going to for now. It kicks up my hunger too much and I am in a fairly large deficit at the moment (when I follow my food plan and don't binge). I chose to focus on losing weight for a few months. Yoga, walking, bodyweight stuff only until I finish cutting off another 45 pounds. Then I'll work again on bringing back the weightlifting.

What's nice about this decision is that I am going back to a protocol that I am positive will work well. My issue seems to be that heavy lifting promotes my appetite too much. When I am just doing yoga & walking, I can lose weight well and I don't binge. I am also supposed to design a bodyweight workout for myself (I'm excited to do that).
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    You sound like me, in that, Though I know it's not good for me to be super strict, I too have been using that as an excuse to be too relaxed in my logging. But I am opposite with exercise. Cardio makes me famished!! So weightlifting seems to work well for me; it just makes me a little bit hungry the next day
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    On Wednesday I logged everything, including a pint of ice cream. I was 1,546 over my calorie goal. Oopsie. This whole incident started last Saturday night when I was at a banquet. There was almost no protein and my meal was 2 hours late. Ever since then my food has been f'ed up.

Today I am regrouping. Now that I can see what I am doing, I am going to stop it.
  • judykat7
    Options
    Yep, make today better - you can do it. I say as I finish off a fudge brownie.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    If I don't get my protein, it messes me up for a couple days. But you caught it ...now you can bring it back around!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    Thanks for the chuckle judykat7. Yesterday I logged everything and I didn't binge yay me. I was 286 over my very low goal. No exercise, not even 10K steps. I was pleased. Going to the mountains today - Sunday, so I may be scarce, but will definitely still be logging!
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    I used to try to get 10k steps. I used to try to get 10 k steps. I have a new job a secondary, and and lifting weights, and chronic health... I don't have time for 10k steps, but I still wear my Fitbit. We just do the best we can
  • judykat7
    Options
    Enjoy the mountains! I try really hard to get my 10K steps and would rather have over 12. Sometimes I have to do fast feet beside the bed to make it though. THAT makes my husband crazy. Actually I think he is just jealous of my Fitbit. After all I pay a lot of attention to it and it gets to live between my breasts.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    Hi all! Yesterday I logged everything and was only 50 Calories over my goal. Just a bit too much fat. Very pleased with that. Today we were at a BBQ competition but I kept myself under controand have done my best to log everything.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Great job being great!
  • judykat7
    Options
    Good work - I would be hard to control at a BBQ competition. Bones, beer, music - it all gets me.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    @judykat7, I don't drink, but the blues rock band had us going for sure.

Yesterday I logged everything and was 162 calories over. I walked a lot and danced some too. Had a great time!

Today I have logged everything. At breakfast I got sausage in my cheese/mushroom omelette but I didn't say anything. We came back down to the city and went to a picnic where I took the breading and skin off of my fried chicken and so that I could have ice cream for dessert. I'm 550 calories over but not too concerned about it -- I feel like this weekend I've been settled, reasonable, not bingeing, and having some treats here & there and I feel very normal.

I'm up to 7 days of logging!
  • judykat7
    Options
    Yeah for you - sounds like a great weekend and by my standards under calorie control. Big sacrifice for me on the fried chicken.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    I logged everything yesterday, but it was a rough day. 1,715 over my goal oops. 8 days of logging now.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    <3
    You logged it all! That's the goal!
    :)
  • judykat7
    Options
    Cuz you past on the fried chicken skin the day before! Good job logging it.