Out of control

Options
_jayciemarie_
_jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
The last several weeks have been hard, because Summer festivities are kicking in. Lakes/Boats/Festivals/Cookouts. When I drink I behave badly (aka Eat whatever I want). I'm committing the next two weeks to low carbs and NO BOOZE. 4th of July will come and I know I will be bad. After that I'm committing to another month of NO BOOZE. For me--alcohol is the trigger to all bad vices. I'm making this committment out loud so I can hold myself accountable. Tired of being fat!

Replies

• danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am worried for the summer for the same reason! I am planning on making a booze free summer because I can't be trusted when I drink. Good luck!!
  • jobean12
    jobean12 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can't do that...... just make sure you set yourself up for success. Have options around that are better for you. I love cheese and a juicy burger loaded with cheese hits the spot for me. Instead of chips I keep peanuts in the shell handy. I am a foody too and usually drinking has the same effect on me but I have lost 8 pounds and am pretty motivated to get back where I want to be. ............. I try REALLY hard to make sure I have options that don't leave me feeling deprived.. Really, no way I could do a booze free summer! So I need to make my choices.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You go girl! Sounds like a great plan. The path to success requires us to be honest with ourselves, realizing our weaknesses, addressing them and making changes accordingly.

I too had to stop drinking alcohol to start losing weight. I was a regular, heavy drinker. Obviously the excess calories consumed from all that alcohol was a huge problem, but like you i also had to accept that alcohol lowered my resolve and generally culminated in my mood changing towards not caring about whether i was cheating, overeating or making inappropriate food choices. When i 1st started to try and lose weight again about 3 months ago i found myself deliberately missing meals to accommodate alcohol calories, which is obviously a very bad idea. Soon i realised i needed to make a choice. Losing weight and getting healthy ultimately began to mean more to me than drinking alcohol. I saw that i was using alcohol to cheer me up, help me relax, give me confidence and cover up my unhappiness with the way i looked, but if i gave up drinking i would lose weight, & feel good about myself naturally without need for an artificial boost to make me artificially happy. It was tough at 1st, but now im not even tempted to drink because its just not worth the calories, lack of self-control with food and hangover for me. Some people choose to keep alcohol as part of their weightloss journey, but for me i have to choose one or the other.