Is there an answer?

Options
ambsnic17
ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
Is there an answer to why the scale might say 154.4 for a split second and then jump up 2 lbs? And continues to do it two or three times after checking. I'm really not concerned about the scale, but sometimes it does this as I weigh in. Just curious if there is a reason like my scale is being evil (when isn't it?!? Lol) or what. Do others experience this too?

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    How old are the batteries in your scale? Someone reported her scale gave her a new low and when she hopped back on to double check it, she was up like 4 lbs. Once she changed her battery it settled down, neither had been correct. :p
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's the way the wood or floor bends under the scale.
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Have changed batteries once maybe in past 5 years?? I never thought of the floor playing a part, interesting! I guess I could change batteries and see if that really changes anything, but I've always had this "issue" thanks ladies
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    If it's always been an issue, then it sounds like an issue with your scale or the surface you are on. Might be time to check if the surface thing makes a change or if you need a better/new scale.