Pre-Workout! Who uses one and what do you like about it?

Options
MandaLeigh123
MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
I have been thinking about trying a pre-workout and have been doing a lot of reading about them. Just wondering if any of you lady lifters use pre-workouts. Had success with them? Hate them? Too expensive?
Any and all feedback much appreciated!
I tried a sample packet of one the other day and I didn't notice any difference in my workout.

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I like Prime Drive from complete nutrition. I like how it tastes, I like that it completely dissolves, I feel ready to go but not jittery. I've tried many because my workouts start at 5am and waiting for the coffee pot took too long.
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Coffee only
  • lisabplatt
    lisabplatt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Advice! I'm new to this arena and have also wondered about pre-workout supplements. I do a little bit of running and use the caffeinated jelly beans. I've used a drink called Celcsius, which is a clean healthy energy drink, prior to workouts and I did feel invigorated.
  • donnamims9
    donnamims9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do love my morning coffee but if you are weight training a good pre-workout does what coffee couldn't dream of. Do some research and chose what you feel is right for you. But do be prepared for the tingle feeling. It's completely normal! Lol
  • queenboss3000
    queenboss3000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dextro Energy! Tablets of pure dextrose from Germany. :)
  • saramichelle89
    saramichelle89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mojito C4...do not love the taste but I mix it with orange juice and make an extremely strong shot. Down it and off to the gym I go! I do have trouble sleeping at night if I take it within 4 hours of bedtime..which is what I have to do M-F... :-(
  • MandaLeigh123
    Options
    Thanks for some feedback everyone! I had been trying to research online, but it's honestly just pretty overwhelming. There are a ton on the market and finding reliable information is pretty tough. I do know a lot of people use cofffee, but I can't imagine drinking a cup of black coffee before weight lifting/cardio session. I've done it before just because I've been in a rush and it always makes me stomach feel upset. *blech* I tried a sample pack of one from Vitaman Shoppe, wish I could remember the name of it, but I didn't notice a difference with it all. I have noticed that some websites offer trial sizes of different supps for around $5 each so I was thinking of maybe trying something like that too, so I can find something that I will like and that will work.
  • MandaLeigh123
    Options
    Sara-- I found this one on Amazon: Cellucor C4 Exreme Explosive Energy and Focus Mojito G3 Chrome Series
    Is that the one?
    Jenn-- which flavors do you like?
  • michelle4698
    michelle4698 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i bought cellucor c4 and used it 3 times.. 20 minutes after drinking it the niacin kicks in. i got very red and itchy. it only lasts a short time but then 45 minutes after my workout i cant stop yawning and get very tired so i stopped taking it. basically bought it for nothing. It doesnt work for everyone i guess
  • michelle4698
    michelle4698 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i suggest skipping the preworkout, detoxing your body with fruits and veggies and drink black coffee. coffee actually has several benefits!
  • saramichelle89
    saramichelle89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sara-- I found this one on Amazon: Cellucor C4 Exreme Explosive Energy and Focus Mojito G3 Chrome Series
    Is that the one?
    Jenn-- which flavors do you like?

Yep this is the one! Mixed with orange juice and taken as a "Shot" you can literally not taste the C4 AT ALL! My go to because I am very very sensitive to pre-workout. I will throw up if I can taste the powder at all.
  • MandaLeigh123
    Options
    Coffee before working out makes me want to barf- good on you guys who can drink it then workout but def its not for me!
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I used to take Spark but it was pricey and made me crave sugar. It was awesome though and tasted great. I do miss it sometimes but I'm insulin resistant and need to stay away from sweets which this stuff gave me too much off a taste for. Coffee for me now.
  • nakima
    nakima Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use the one from walmart its inexpensive and tastes great! I started out with 1/2 scoop and have since graduated to a full scoop. It doesnt make me jittery just keeps me focused with extra energy to get through my workout. I also love Amino energy it's really good as well I get the orange flavor :)
  • girlnamedsarah
    girlnamedsarah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use Siren Labs Shockd - Grape. I kind of had the itchy feeling the first time I took it, but not since then. I can tell when I don't have it, my workouts aren't as good. I also don't consume any caffeine except the preworkout in my day. After awhile you get used to the taste. I didn't like the taste of protein shakes for awhile either :)
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've been using Cellucor C4. I like it so far because it gives me more energy but doesn't make me all jittery and I can only drink 2 cups of coffee or I start feeling anxious. I usually only take it on leg day or if I'm feeling really tired after work. Be prepared to sweat!! I do sometimes get the itchy feeling, but I don't notice it while I'm working out because I'm too busy killing those weights!! Well, at least in my mind I am. :blush:
  • lenoar
    lenoar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Coffee before working out makes me want to barf- good on you guys who can drink it then workout but def its not for me!
    ditto on this! after trying various kinds of pre-workout i just buy straight caffeine from myprotein in powder format, mix it with a little water and down the hatch. has all the benefits of a good preworkout and no horrible bloaty feeling from a large cup of coffee! works a treat for me.