Methotrexate!

I have been taking methotrexate for over 2 years now for psoriatic arthritis. I have spondyloarthropathy as well as pain in various joints and tendon insertion sites.
I have always had fatigue and a bit of an upset/sensitive stomach on and the day or 2 following methotrexate dosing. I take my methotrexate orally at 8 2.5mg tabs once per week.
Today was my methotrexate day. It was also a very hot day here in the PNW. I was a lot more active than I usually am. I brushed my horse and raked shavings in the barn for about 15 min. I also spent time watering the lawn and trimming a crazy hydrangea bush.
All of this was done at intervals throughout the day but I doubled my fit bit goal which is a lot for me.
I kept up on fluids and paced my snacks and meals.
I took my methotrexate with lunch and by 5pm I was throwing up and had such an upset stomach I couldn't meet my calorie goal so I "cheated" on the log so I wouldn't lose my total number of days logged in.
How do others handle their methotrexate day?
Does the heat bother people more so while taking methotrexate?
Or is it a case of overdoing it?! I am thinking it's a combo. I am definitely paying for pushing myself. I feel like I do when I flare too. Prednisone and I do NOT get along either. >:-(

Replies

• shrinkidinked
    shrinkidinked Posts: 4 Member
    Hi. I was just diagnosed with Psa and I was supposed to start Methotrexate 2 weeks ago. Everything that I’m reading has given me so much anxiety and I’m afraid to put it in my body. I’m looking into a more natural approach first. Overall, do you find this med to be a benefit?
  • lindatmarsh
    lindatmarsh Posts: 1 Member
    I have been on methotrexate since January 9th. My trouble days are the day after and the next day. My stomach is off and on, but I get angry. I’m not seeing a lot of help from the methotrexate but I don’t want to go on biologics either. My biggest issue is weight and pain