Michele's Accountability Thread

Options
Calliope610
Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
Just a recap of the last couple of days - I like this format of a single accountability thread for the duration of the challenge, but feel free to use the daily thread if you prefer that format...

Day 1 - Saturday 06/20/15
Current weight - 195.4lbs
Daily Calorie Goal - 1310, based on 1lb/wk loss, sedentary activity level

Logged all my food and drink accurately and honestly and was under my calorie goal (1245 cals)

I didn't log my activity, but I spent about 2 hours cutting a fallen branch from our pecan tree into piles of leaves and twigs and smaller limbs and branches using pruning cutters and loppers. When I "de-nuded" the large limbs and branches, I cut them to manageable size using a bow saw. I figure I burned at least a couple of calories doing that, so I have a nice deficit going into this challenge.

Day 2 - Sunday 06/21/15
Logged all my food and drink accurately and honestly and was over my calorie goal (1711 cals; +404cals). Under maintenance, so it's all good.

Day 3 - Monday 06/22/15

Logged everything, including the chocolate eclairs (all 4 of them :# ) and pizza rolls. Stress eating, as I was "preparing" to talk to the IRS about a levy to garnish wages. 1 1/2hrs later, the IRS agreed to put a hold on my levy and granted me 2 weeks to submit a copy of the check and bank statement proving that I DID submit payment.

I was over for the day but am still under maintenance. Hopefully, as the week progresses, I will make some better choices.

ETA: Tuesday am weight 193.6, so a lost of 1.8 since AHA started.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Great job on the loss!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! Logging rocks. So we should each have our own thread and use it each day? I was confused and thought we all were to check in the same place each day making it easy to cheer each other on etc.
  • Calliope610
    Options
    I like the one thread per member format, I found it easier to follow each members progress in one thread. I honestly didn't anticipate the level of support this group would generate. I'm pleasantly surprised to see the level of interaction between mbers.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Hi Michele! Stoopid IRS. I have no fear of them but that's what my training is. I totally get how upsetting they are. I am in treatment for my BED and my counselor has helped me make huge strides about eating when I'm stressed/upset. There's something different about the therapy situation that lets me "hear" things better than when I read them online or something.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and the extension of two extra weeks! IRS is stressful
  • Calliope610
    Options
    My home computer doesn't think this group exists and I hate writing walls of text w my phone, some will update tomorrow from work. Great job everyone!!
  • judykat7
    Options
    I hate to be the dumbest one but in my line of work it is the IRS(Internal Revenue Service) and that doesn't seem to fit the context here well. Am I missing something or should I just go back to my own thread and not be concerned?
  • Calliope610
    Options
    I stress ate 4 eclairs the other days waiting on hold with the IRS to discuss a wage garnishment. , or at least that's my excuse. Good news - the garnishment levy was released
  • Calliope610
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Days 4, 5 & 6

Tuesday I was 295 over, Wednesday only 55 over and yesterday 317 over, but ALL under maintenance!!

I also think I have my daily calorie goal set too low. My average daily net calories this week is 1502, really not that much. I'm using MFP's calculations based on sedentary level and only add back "real" exercise calories i.e. I'm in the gym or at PT. I would like to go back to TDEE, but until the consistency and intensity of my exercise gets close to where it was, I'm leery than my TDEE might be over-estimated.

• 3foldchord
    Options
    How's it going? Did you have a good MFP weekend ?
  • Calliope610
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm sorry I haven't been as active lately. For some reason, I'm just exhausted when I get home from work and can't wait to get to bed. I have started going to the gym again and I think it's taking some time for my body to adjust to the increased activity.

My logging has been good, and although I am rarely under goal, I am staying under maintenance, which is a win for me. I just need to up my calorie burns to accommodate my level of eating. I find that I would rather increase my activity than to have to decrease/restrict my eating. I think once I get 250-400/day calorie burns thru cycling and strength training, I will see the scale head back down in the right direction.
  • judykat7
    Options
    Apology accepted! Good to hear from you though - you are so very regular about being here that I am concerned when you aren't here or just barely. Your MFP activity is good for me.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    It just must be a tired week. I have been so tired for the past couple days. I think we all just need a really good long nap
  • Calliope610
    Options
    Really proud of myself today!! Not only did I stay under goal, but I logged 1hr of light cardiovascular ( 30min stationary bike and 30 min slow, deliberate walking on the treadmill, focusing on full range of motion and full knee extension) in addition to my Phys therapy this morning. And the kicker is - I'm not exhausted. In fact, I have energy, even now at 10:30pm. Yep, exercise is good for ya!!
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Yay exercise and good eats!
    B)
  • Calliope610
    Options
    I'm still here; my home computer can't find this group, so I have to update from work. I will try to get back here around noon with a recap of AHA Round 2. Til then...