Kimberly's AHA check in.

Options
3foldchord
3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
I just joined this evening. So I guess my first actual full day will be tomorrow. I just get busy and forget to log, & a few days later I can't remember everything I ate. I think I remembered everything today, but well log better, tomorrow my first full day.

My name is Kimberly. I am 43. I have three college age kids. I had major surgery three years ago, which was my jumping start & motivation to lose 15 pounds I had put on previously.I did lose those 15 pounds. But then gained five back. I got lazy with login and accuracy

Replies

• judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Welcome on behalf of all of us Kimberly. I have to log to lose and had gotten slack about it. You can get my history from my profile if you are interested. Here to tomorrow's complete log!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimberly, I think we've been in another group together in the past. Glad you are here.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Hi Kimberly, I think we've been in another group together in the past. Glad you are here.

• 3foldchord
    Options
    Yes, your name does look familiar. Possibly eat, train, progress,
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Today is my first official full day here as part of this logging challenge for this group. But my third day getting back into accurate logging food.
    My calorie limit is 1400 - 1500 calories a day. My maintenance is 1700. I actually did very well the past 2 days staying with in my calorie range, today I went over because I was visiting a friend who had surgery last week and is still a lot of pain. I brought her Starbucks. I was still under maintenance. My protein was low. I try to get 110 - 125 grams a day.
  • judykat7
    Options
    Good job! Friends can be food triggers for me but I would think that every day under maintenance is OK - no gain day any way.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the fold :)
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    Great job on logging it all!
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Day #2. Logged. Below my goal limit. Macros ... Decent, I guess.
  • judykat7
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    DAY 3/5 : I ate the foodz. Logged the foodz. B)
  • judykat7
    Options
    takes longer for me to log it than eat it. Good job on your part.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    judykat7 wrote: »
    takes longer for me to log it than eat it. Good job on your part.
    2/3 of my food is probably the same thing every day.This makes it easy to just select food log as it usually at the top of the list I have it saved as one of my frequent meals
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Logged it all. Had to change a few things, but it all fit. Opened my diary. I figured if we were being honest and accountable I might as well have an open diary if anyone desire to see my boring food
  • judykat7
    Options
    I appreciate an open diary. I learned lots from my original set of mfp friends studying their diaries. Almond milk, quinoa, spaghetti squash are just a few that come to mind. My diary is open as well and feel free to comment on it if you wish.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    I logged everything today. They weren't all the best choices, skyline chili and homemade chocolate chip cookies, but my calories fit. I was 27 calories over the lower end of my limit but still under the upper end of my limit (I have my calorie limit set to 1400, but I'm fine going up to 1500 most days. It be nice if we could set a window instead of a specific goal). And my macros weren't too bad considering. I didn't get much exercise in, the clean the house a little bit, which is an improvement over my two day migraine that had me useless
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    I'm glad your migraine is better. It sounds like you are doing really well with this challenge!

I don't have my diary open because I am following a supervised program that is very low calorie and low carb, two things that tend to be controversial here at MFP. I am eating lean proteins, fruits & veggies for the most part. It was set up by my counselor -- I know some of the reasons why I am following it but maybe not all of them. I just didn't want to discuss it with people. I am in counseling and doing well -- I don't need to fight about it with anyone.
  • judykat7
    Options
    I rarely have a day without cookies. Wish I could but if they are available, I am in them. Your day looked deelish to me. I was at Steak N Shake last night and the chili mac supreme is my favorite but I passed. Seeing your skyline chili makes me wish I would have indulged! And chili is good, high fiber and protein.

Sounds like a valid reason Elaine not to have an open diary. Not one needs to go to battle defending what they eat. I have had some snooty comments on mine before, like the day I had poptarts and somedays just how many ounces of beer I drink, but it is what it is and I do I for me. I am not always proud of my diary but I did it so I log it.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    I love cookies. I love cookies! My kids made a batch of cookies last week with a friend.
    I've done really good staying at the low end of my calorie goal likely, today I went over. I thought about it, knew I was going to go over, and decided I was okay with it. Of course this is why I still haven't lost those 5 pounds. Haha
  • judykat7
    Options
    Cookies are happy food!