How's it going?

Options
shanteel612
shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
It has been relatively quite this challenge. Just wanted to post my progress and open up the floor to anyone else.

I have not been doing very well. I have been eating junk and fast food. Luckily I have still been eating healthy food also so I have not gained much (1 lb, probably water from the ginormous amount of salt). I am trying to get back on the straight and narrow but I doubt that I am going to meet my challenge goal, heck I will be lucky if I get back to my challenge starting weight. Yesterday I heard some great advice on the DR. Oz show. The expert guess said if you crave something just wait 10 minutes instead of saying I can't have it. Within that 10 minute frame many of us will find that our brains will change focus and that [Insert craving] will go away. I think it is worth trying.

Replies

• JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Oh that is good suggestion. I get busy with something else and wait. Usually it is out of boredom and not needing food. I try to eat healthy most meals because I felt like such crap before this diet and I remember teh pain I had from inflammation, joints hurt, hands hurt to type and I felt so sluggish and depressed. Now I have energy, and no more joint pain. Got off medications for RA so eating fast food now makes me ill. Get back t your plan and you will be fine. Remember how you feel when you eat the good food! Good luck to you as it is always easier said than done. Well gotta run, literally, gotta run. Take care Shanteel you got this!
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am doing horribly this challenge. My kids are now out of school. This has been good in the fact I have been at the pool doing laps all week. I have a pretty small pool so doing about 20 laps a day as well as some ab work in the pool. That is the best I have done.
    I had company all week last week and we ate out more than I have in 2months combined with more soda then the last 5months combined. I don't know why I can't ever have not re self control when I am with my parents.old bad habits come back with a vengeance way to easy. I got a uti which let me tell you running with one of those or doing much of anything else that s hard if not impossible. So I am not surprised I have been doing nothing but gaining weight.
    So now my goal is to just get back to where I started on this challenge and I will be happy.(I wonder if I can change my weight goal on the spreadsheet). I went for a three Mile run
    yesterday and am continuing to get to the pool. I am also going to be getting back on track with eating right.
    Hopefully the last little bit is better. And the next challenge still better.
  • shanteel612
    Options
    Oh that is good suggestion. I get busy with something else and wait. Usually it is out of boredom and not needing food. I try to eat healthy most meals because I felt like such crap before this diet and I remember teh pain I had from inflammation, joints hurt, hands hurt to type and I felt so sluggish and depressed. Now I have energy, and no more joint pain. Got off medications for RA so eating fast food now makes me ill. Get back t your plan and you will be fine. Remember how you feel when you eat the good food! Good luck to you as it is always easier said than done. Well gotta run, literally, gotta run. Take care Shanteel you got this!

Awesome, thanks for the encouragement
  • JreedyJanelle
    Options
    Summer is a fun time, but also a time for BBQ's and eating out with friends. Keep logging and do what you can do to the exercise. I haven't lost this week, but I am on maintenance right now and that is a good thing that I am not gaining. I have hit my goal in the past and then blew it at maintenance, so staying the same is a good thing for me. As long as you recognize the problem and what you need to do you are doing ok. Stop the gain while you can and just stay with it. Don't panic, just stay focused and drink your water. you will all be ok in the end. We just have to support each other, that is so helpful. no judging, just supporting.
  • shanteel612
    Options
    Summer is a fun time, but also a time for BBQ's and eating out with friends. Keep logging and do what you can do to the exercise. I haven't lost this week, but I am on maintenance right now and that is a good thing that I am not gaining. I have hit my goal in the past and then blew it at maintenance, so staying the same is a good thing for me. As long as you recognize the problem and what you need to do you are doing ok. Stop the gain while you can and just stay with it. Don't panic, just stay focused and drink your water. you will all be ok in the end. We just have to support each other, that is so helpful. no judging, just supporting.

I wish there was a like button

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm having a tough time too, and decided just to maintain for a while and try to focus on my fitness goals. (And this weekend is going to be dreadful for that, since I have a stressful work thing going on.)
  • shanteel612
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I'm having a tough time too, and decided just to maintain for a while and try to focus on my fitness goals. (And this weekend is going to be dreadful for that, since I have a stressful work thing going on.)

Hope Things start to look up. Maintaining for a while is a good way to prevent throw in the towelism.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Well its good to see i am not the only one who is having a hell of a time this challenge. I have not been doing anything lately other than everything i am NOT supposed to do. I sure hope i can pull my head out of my butt and get things going again soon. I wish you all luck on getting things going again as well.
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Two months till my swim/bike race so trying to get focused.....
  • shanteel612
    Options
    Well its good to see i am not the only one who is having a hell of a time this challenge. I have not been doing anything lately other than everything i am NOT supposed to do. I sure hope i can pull my head out of my butt and get things going again soon. I wish you all luck on getting things going again as well.

Hope it gets better for all of us who are struggling. Time to re-energize and refocus and start anew.
  • JreedyJanelle
    Options
    You got this everyone!!! You all know what works, get focused and you'll be fine. You all rock and we're in this together. There are times when I want to eat ice cream, and I have to focus on something else. I look in the mirror during gym classes and look at that slender person staring back at me and I know that I am worth it and ice cream is really not! Now go kick some butt and focus! You are all worth it! HUGS to all of you.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Hope Things start to look up. Maintaining for a while is a good way to prevent throw in the towelism.

Thanks!
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This conversation really brought a smile to my face. Love the support and encouragement, and the honest self-assessment. I've been battling some similar struggles. Jreedy is right - we know what works for each of us; drink water, refocus, and get to it. Thanks for sharing, everyone!