Introduce Yourself

Options
124»

Replies

• christinevhoogasian
    Options
    My name is Christine. I am getting married in less than 3 months! Want to lose a little weight to fit nicely in my dress. Am trying to keep my calorie intake 1300 daily or less...it's so hard though!
  • christinevhoogasian
    Options
    My goal for the next month is to lose 10 pounds!!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine! Welcome to the group. While it's great that you want to lose a little, it's probably not realistic (or healthy) to target 10 pounds in a month. Just be careful to stay healthy and you're less likely to get discouraged if you set realistic goals. Maximum recommended loss is 2lb/week and only for those with a lot to lose. What are your stats (height, CW, GW)? If what you really want is fit, then consider focusing more on inches (lose an inch from waist, hips, abdomen in a month) rather than weight. For this, you may want to focus more on strength training over pure cardio.

It's exciting that the wedding is coming up so soon! Do you feel ready with all the rest of your planning? I hope you find a healthy way to achieve your goals and I'm sure you will look lovely on your big day!
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi christine
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! My name is Hayley and I've been engaged since July 2015. I've gained around 10lbs this winter and it has to come off before my final fitting on May 10, 2016, which is only 7 weeks away.

I work in HR so I'm sat at my desk for the majority of the day. I'm around 5'8ft.

Big Day: July 16, 2016
    CW: 166lbs
    GW: 150lbs
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome Hayley! 10lbs in 7 weeks when it looks like you're pretty close to goal may be a stretch (being healthy and sustainable). Are you able to workout before or after work? If so, maybe focus on strength training for the next 7 weeks that will do more for a "fit" than just losing weight with lots of cardio (if you're not already)? Good luck though and let us know how we can help. We usually do monthly goals and check-in threads (feel free to join March for the last week and a half), so I'll set up a thread for April next week. Would love to have you share your experiences in some of the general threads too!

Glad to have you!
  • audrytess
    audrytess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tess! I'm getting married next year but I have a long long way to go. Need to start now so I can be the size I want by the time I start dress shopping! (September)

SW: 261
    CW: 255
    GW: 180/160 (depend on timing and success)
  • malgorzata82
    malgorzata82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I got engaged last Fall and am planning to get married in the fall of 2017. I have lots of time but also lots to loose (40-50lbs).
    I want it to be a lifestyle change and not just a diet.
    I am in need of motivation and support as I am struggling with staying on track.
    I'm looking forward to being a part of your group
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome Tess and @malgorzata82!
    Just in time to start April! We typically set monthly goals and check in at least weekly, sometimes more often depending on the goals. The April thread is up so I encourage you to join in with your goals. Please also browse the forums for discussions on a variety of wedding topics for thoughts from the group and/or to add your own questions. If there's a topic/question that is on your mind that you don't see any previous discussion, feel free to open a new thread.

Congratulations and good luck to both of you. I hope you'll find this group to be a great source of motivation and support as you set out on this journey.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo! More wedding Palz! Congrats @audrytess and @malgorzata82 !
  • kristinajeang
    kristinajeang Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone! I'm Kristina and I'm getting married on September 24th and just started really pushing to lose weight. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and looking to really get back into shape.

My goal is to lose 52lbs in the six months leading up to my wedding (I started on March 24th). So far I am down 4 pounds, but I still have a long way to go!! Feel free to add me! Any encouragement would be great and will be reciprocated!!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome Kristina! I hope you find lots of support and motivation here. While I wish you all the best, please be careful to set realistic goals. 52 lbs in 6 months is aggressive; the slower you lose, the more likely you'll keep it off. Lose what you can in a healthy and sustainable way for life rather than being miserable and unhealthy to get to a weight for a day and then gaining a lot back after the wedding. You can lose plenty in 6 months and if you include strength training, probably a lot of toning (even if the scale doesn't budge, the measuring tape will).

Congratulations and welcome!
  • kristinajeang
    kristinajeang Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm going off more than just the scale, but that's just my horizon. Overall I'm going by things like how I feel, making strides to become healthy, and how clothes fit/measurements. My fiance is a personal trainer and we've gone over a healthy plan for me and my situation. Thank you for the concern, but I hope you can respect my goals moving forward and we can motivate each other to continue getting healthier!
  • rachael10
    rachael10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Rachael, I am 25 and live in the UK. I get married in Cyprus June 2017 and wanting to lose about 2 1/2 to 3 stone. I'm going to try to stick to 1200 calories in hopes of shredding the lbs. Exercise wise I struggle though as not well with vitamin b12 and vitamin d deficiencies at the moment. But I want to look and feel the best I ever have on my wedding day!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome Rachael. How tall are you? Careful with the 1200 that you're getting enough nutrition. You've got lots of time so sure you'll achieve your goals.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel, I'm also in the UK and joined last year for my wedding abroad which is next week! I've lost nearly two atone over the year and feel great! I eat 1500 a day. Good luck
  • HollyIsobel26
    HollyIsobel26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Holly and I am getting married on 30th September 2017.

I started losing weight in 2009 and have gradually gone from 277lb down to 149lb (at my lightest) I am now up to 169lb, and have yo-yo'd round that range for a good few years now. I now feel that 149lb was to light, I am 5'9" and am not a petite build but I would like to get back to my happy weight which is about 155-158lbs.

There is no pressure on the dress front as it looks fab on me now, but I would like to tone up and develop a bit of definition and burn fat, so hopefully I'll have some accountability watching all my fellow beautiful brides reach their goals.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome Holly! The group isn't particularly active these days, but maybe there will be more joining. Feel free to peruse the boards.