judykat's loggin road

Options
judykat7
judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
Today was my anniversary - 26 years. He brought me home Golden Oreos. I only had 2 even though 3 is a serving. I made him Brownies and only had one. It was a good day - I had almost a 600 calorie deficit and that is just using FitBit calories. I got in about 3 miles with the dogs and a 19.8 mile bike ride. Windy this evening too-kicked my butt. The Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken I fixed for dinner was really good. It is from Closet Cooking. I did make it with thighs instead of breasts. Here is to another day of good loggin! Scale was down this am, yeah.

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! We celebrate 24th this year. The chicken sounds delicious. Ysy for not going way over on a special day like that. Although if I were 600 deficit I wouldn't have the energy to function.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! And Congrats on not going over. :)
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Happy belated anniversary! Great job logging! Cilantro Lime sounds good, I'ma gonna make something like that next week (we're going away this weekend).
  • judykat7
    Options
    3foldchord wrote: »
    congratulations!! We celebrate 24th this year. The chicken sounds delicious. Ysy for not going way over on a special day like that. Although if I were 600 deficit I wouldn't have the energy to function.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do, I really only need so much food to function. Weird. Maybe it is all in the timing. I come back from the bike ride at 7 and go right into chores and walking the dogs and then right into watering all my flowers then fix supper at 9:30. If I had lots of activity in the morning maybe I would have more time to need more calories? I don't know. I don't really ever seem to be hungry or full.
  • judykat7
    Options
    Another day logged. Plenty of sweets still but protein was very good, fiber on target, and cholesterol just a little high. Lots of chicken. Heading into the weekend with dinner out Italian tomorrow night, wedding Saturday, and a Cardinals whip the Cubs at Busch on Sunday. It will be tough but I will persevere. Three days of beer will not be kind to my program so I will have to make some sacrifices. I did get in a 20 minute workout tonight - felt good. It was a new Leslie Sansone toning/walking. Not terribly hard at all but did put a sweat on and used heavy enough weights that my upper body feels it from the reps. Till tomorrow.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Way to plan ahead for a big weekend! Enjoy your gatherings!
  • judykat7
    Options
    Was 464 over yesterday but I logged it, at least the best I could. Scale was up this am too. Go over go up, predictable trend. Wedding tonight and shall try to do better.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    464 isn't enough calories to gain fat or muscle. It is water weight at best. Yes it is weight still, but water weight is easily dealt with.
  • judykat7
    Options
    All logged for the day. It was a good day. Hiked with the dogs down to the swimming hole this am, yard work this afternoon, normal dog walk this evening, and a 20 minute workout. I had over 18,000 fitbit steps and still and hour and half of today left. Might make 20,000, that would be the 3rd time this month! That is very good for me since I work sitting on my butt. I didn't at all blow the day's calories at the wedding. I was seated a long way from the bar and was upstairs. Also wore a jumpsuit making bathrooming somewhat of a chore. The wedding cake was sliced so thin you could see through it. Anyway, it all kept me in line. Ballgame tomorrow evening. Another day, another test. Till tomorrow guys.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Sounds like a great day! Lots of good steps!
  • judykat7
    Options
    Made it through the weekend. Ballgame last night had a lot of rain delays but the Cardinals came out on top sweeping the series from the Cubbies. I past on the Bud Select last night and had water. Calories were all logged and I think just a few over. Somewhat confusing since I put the stop at Steak N Shake on yesterday's log but all the steps from it would have been on todays since fitbit resets at midnight. Of course my fitbit seems to reset at will. I lost a couple thousand steps that I had after midnight when it decided to blink out this am. Scale was down this morning, the lowest this month. Keep on loggin.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    Great job! Nice to have the validation on the scale too!
  • judykat7
    Options
    Another day logged. Looks OK on paper but I feel I had way too much sugar. I will do better tomorrow. I have done my 20 minutes of workout 5 days in a row now. Not a lot but something.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    20 minutes may not seem like a lot but consistency is a really big thing! Great job
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    I agree, consistency is a Big Deal, so you're doing great -- keep it up!
  • judykat7
    Options
    Tuesday logged. I was over on calories, fat, carbs, fiber, and protein. Let's see - it was red all the way across the bottom! Got to midnight before I got my workout in as well. Have to double up in the morning to get back on track. Night. The homemade meatball sandwich was really good though.
  • judykat7
    Options
    Two days now without my extra workout. I have been over my 10,000 steps both days but that really doesn't do it for me. Hosted a birthday dinner for my friend's husband last night. Ribs, Mac N Cheese, Moonlight salad, corn on the cob, garlic bread, and blueberry delight. I had nothing in excess and only drank water. I didn't detail log it, used my event feast entry and detailed it in the notes. Back to the ballgame tonight as the Cards take on San Diego. I will try to be good. Tomorrow off to Pere Marquette state park for an afternoon of hiking and a picnic before watching the fireworks.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Hiking sound fun!
  • judykat7
    Options
    I did not do the perfect job of logging dinner yesterday. It was a picnic after our hike and I failed to log the 10 cherries I had and didn't do a good job on the dips. I am not a big dip person so I just tasted two of them basically, maybe a TBS on a piece of celery. But I logged the big stuff and realize there was more. I didn't log the hiking either, just let fitbit give me credit for the steps. Lots of flooding on the rivers, some of the hiking trails were under considerable water and had to use a back way into the park since the great river road is closed in places. Did about 5 miles, enjoyed a picnic, and then watched the fire works display at Alton IL to finish the evening. Good day.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    A five mile hike would burn a lot of caliries! Sounds like you had a great time the hike sounds nice