Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
This weeks thread

Replies

• RoseTears143
    Options
    How are you guys all doing? I still haven't done any running. I'm going to make myself get to the gym after work today and get back in the swing of things. I don't feel good about not working out - it's been almost a week now. -_-. Here's to getting back on the horse!!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Doing pretty well here... sticking with just doing Insanity and hockey, though. I haven't had much time to lift or run (though I do run a lot in hockey). Maybe I'll have time someday.. :)
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Doing pretty well here... sticking with just doing Insanity and hockey, though. I haven't had much time to lift or run (though I do run a lot in hockey). Maybe I'll have time someday.. :)

Sounds like you are doing some great stuff as it is though!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options

Sounds like you are doing some great stuff as it is though!

Well, thank you!! And I am sure you will get back to it and feel great in no time!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Back into today after exams are over. Was suppose to be going to the gym but LO was poorly and off nursery this morning. Hopefully run instead in new trainers.
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Recently, I started to get knee pain and it was killing me during Tough Mudder last Saturday. I had it worked on a few times already and got a massage last night. My legs were so tight and there is some fluid build-up and heat from under my knee cap :( PT thinks is from over use and need to scale my workouts down until it heals. SO bummed! She suggested spin class or swimming. I did workout Mon & Wed at my normal class and will try spin class tonight but so disappointed. I have a hard time taking it easy but I don't want to be out for the whole summer though.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Recently, I started to get knee pain and it was killing me during Tough Mudder last Saturday. I had it worked on a few times already and got a massage last night. My legs were so tight and there is some fluid build-up and heat from under my knee cap :( PT thinks is from over use and need to scale my workouts down until it heals. SO bummed! She suggested spin class or swimming. I did workout Mon & Wed at my normal class and will try spin class tonight but so disappointed. I have a hard time taking it easy but I don't want to be out for the whole summer though.

aahhhh dang def take it easy though. The last thing you need is to cause permanent damage cuz you didn't rest your knee properly. I hope it heals quickly for you though
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I still haven't gotten back to running yet, I need to though. I did run a mile at the gym Wednesday when I went for a leg day workout and it felt pretty good. My energy is about back to where it should be for me to get back into it since I've finally gotten my calories back up over the last few days and I'm eating again lol. :) SO hopefully within the next few days I can get back to my training.

Oh!! I'm also thinking about doing the Reggae Half Marathon in December :D I am trying to figure out if I want to do the 10K or the Half. For some reason the idea of running a half intimidates me...even though the Tough Mudder is just about there.... I dunno, I guess it's a mental thing. I'm doubting myself a little bit.
  • Janey142
    Janey142 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hey would you guys recommend insanity as part of training? :)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran 5.3 miles in 60 minutes with some good hills. I am going to try to run 3 times a week, once being a longer distance and keep up heavy lifting and attempting pull ups! I would think insanity would be good training, never tried it though.