Lost it yesterday and so bummed

Options
Sherryfood95
Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
I'm sure I gained all of my lost weight yesterday due to a bad binge night. The same trigger that sets me off every time did it again. I just can't seem to overcome this trigger which sets off carb binging. It always starts with being forced to eat lunch at a bad place (fast food which I never do), followed by other emotional triggers. The fact that I already blew lunch makes it easier to give in to the rest. I wake up feeling awful and now have to start over.

Replies

• Jad31te
    Jad31te Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Maybe pack a lunch and snacks so that you can stay away from the fast food place you go to for lunch? Also, after you blow it.. don't get so down on yourself, get up the next day and keep trying. That is all you can do, Beating yourself up is only going to make the spiral worse. You got this!
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Eating out with people still makes me a little nervous, but it gets better over time. You get better at making solid choices and accounting for calories. I would study a menu for an hour prior to each lunch out just to try to keep from ordering the "wrong" thing. Now, I still look at the menu, but I don't panic, and I try so hard not to punish myself for whatever I choose. If your friends or family like to choose a particular place, you might have a "go-to" meal that is comfortable for you to head off the binge.
  • Sherryfood95
    Options
    Thanks all. Unfortunately this place had no low cal options. I managed to run 8 miles so feeling little better.
  • Jad31te
    Jad31te Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nice Run!!
  • Sherryfood95
    Options
    Thanks! I'm so glad I can do that, otherwise would have to starve a few days to make up for it.