Guacamole

Options
_jayciemarie_
_jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
I love Guacamole. I can eat it by the spoonful. I'm just curious how people eat their guacamole. Do you dip veggies in it? Put it on meat?

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Yes. :)

I freak out my family when we go to Chipotle and I just order guac and eat it with a spoon. At home, I'll also mix some hard-boiled eggs in there to make sort of a guac-egg salad.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Burgers topped with a pile of guac... eaten by the spoonful too.... cucumber slices or celery sticks or zucchini coins dipped into it...piled on a sturdy slice of cheese.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Burgers topped with a pile of guac... eaten by the spoonful too.... cucumber slices or celery sticks or zucchini coins dipped into it...piled on a sturdy slice of cheese.

I just got done using string cheese as my dipping mechanism. lol
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been kind of fixated on the crunch of pork rinds. Dipping those in guac sounds really yum.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Yes. :)

I freak out my family when we go to Chipotle and I just order guac and eat it with a spoon. At home, I'll also mix some hard-boiled eggs in there to make sort of a guac-egg salad.

What a great idea!
    I just eat with a spoon too or with celery
    Or I just sprinkle some guac seasoning from the mix package on avocado and eat it that way.
    Add it to some meat and cheese with some cilantro in a low carb tortilla with sour cream as a meal.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »

That's a great idea too! Y'all are making me hungry!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I mix it with sour cream. Makes a good, more mellow dip for pork rinds, veggies, or meat. Or I mix it with mayo and garlic. Makes a good sauce for cooked veggies.
  • canadjineh
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My guac is mostly avocado, but also has a spoon or two of 11% Greek yogourt depending on quantity of avocados used, a spoon of hot salsa (a good no-sugar-added brand), cilantro, cumin seeds, lime juice, chipotle chili powder or actual chilies if I have them around, and sometimes a bit of chopped green onion. If I don't have chipotle chili powder I add regular chili powder and a dash of liquid smoke. Otherwise I just eat an avocado with lavender-lemon grinder sea salt & lots of freshly ground pepper on it.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Loaded onto a chicken breast, topped with bacon & cheese, all melted and topped with a tiny bit of salsa and/or sour cream.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I put it on sandwiches, in a salad, or mixed with shredded chicken.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I was just about to heat up dinner (low carb lasagna), saw the word "guacamole," and immediately changed my mind. Tonight I'm doing burger patties with bacon and cheddar and guacamole on the side.

Dipping string cheese is friggin' genius! See, that's why I love this group!
  • canadjineh
    edited June 2015
    Options
    How do you dip string cheese?? Isn't it... well... floppy and stringy? I dip old Cheddar or chunk Parmesan. I couldn't scoop enough on that sort of cheese. But then again each bite needs to be equal parts dip and 'carrier' for me, lol.
  • FaithMathias
    FaithMathias Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I put it in tuna to replace mayo
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If I don't make it myself, I get the Wholly Guacamole Minis -100 cal. 9Fat, 1 Protein, 5 carbs/ 3 Fiber, (higher carbs than I prefer, but so good, esp. Spicy version.) I bring those for lunch and eat those by the spoon out of the container as my afternoon snack. I also mix Guacamole with my scrambled eggs when ready to serve, or top a tablespoon on my fried eggs.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I put it in tuna to replace mayo

That sounds interesting... I think this will be on my lunch menu this week
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've been kind of fixated on the crunch of pork rinds. Dipping those in guac sounds really yum.
    I take a bag of pork rinds to my fav Mex restaurant and dip it in the guacamole instead of the tortilla chips.
  • cdpits
    cdpits Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I need to buy some avocados ! Lots of great ideas here :)
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Mixed with coconut oil and chicken for a chicken salad, eaten with a spoon and a side of veggies