I'm not sore at all after W1D1.

Options
janiep81
janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
:/

I've been lifting (lower weight and higher reps) in a Group Power class at the gym. I've been doing this for about a month. I did week 1 day 1 workout (squats, rows, pushups, stepups, jack knives)... and I kept waiting to get sore and I'm really just not. Should I be using more weight? The trainer who helped me with the machine told me to take it easy. lol.

Replies

• janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Oh - and for more context:

Group Power is A LOT of squats and legs, and I've been doing about 45 on my bar there.

My weight on the exercises was as follows:

squats: 50lbs
    rows: 80 lbs
    step ups: 20 lbs

I also weigh a lot so I feel like the step ups were extra hard because there's a lot to step up. ;)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Often times in the beginning of programs like this, since it's geared towards newer lifters, you start off a little esker and there won't be soreness. Plus, soreness is not a consistent indicator of working hard.

I've only been sore a few times throughout the program and I just started Stage 7. Though my shoulders are still sore from Thursday's first Stage 7 workout because I did that, a couple accessories and freight day at work.

Just keep pushing and working your way up throughout the program and you never know how your body will react. The different stages do a good job in mixing things up.

Nice row, by the way. I'm still working on 80 and I started back with like 50 or 60 (it's in my notes somewhere).