Over 55.

Options
maktuners
maktuners Posts: 11 Member
Working at over 55. to get to 125lbs. and maintain. I'm only 5ft. 2in. tall. I've got the last stubborn 5 pounds to go and gain muscles while I'm at it.

Replies

• starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am at goal and working on muscles as well. I am 5'2" and 58 Years old. I am on HRT which helps some I think. I have in past journaled for 4 years on weight watchers. Now I am working to keep my carbs low because of cholesterol problems. I have a few drinks per day as well which helps things.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 too, am 5'5" and am trying to get down to 130. I have about 10 pounds to go (assuming the 3.5 pounds I put on over the weekend is water weight from backpacking at high altitude). A couple of years ago I lost 27 pounds to get down to 135, but I put half the weight back on. Now I want to see if I can go five pounds below my previous goal weight.
  • Sherryfood95
    Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have lost 6 and have 4 to go. I am 50 yo and these last pounds are tough. One slip and I'll be starting over.
  • caroll4237
    caroll4237 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm 54, am 5'7" and trying to get to 140. That is nearly 20 pounds. It has gotten so much harder to lose weight after I passed the age of 50 ...... But am starting the journey again and have joined Adult Fitness Classes at our local Rec Center -- Zumba and Yoga. Have always exercised to DVDs at home -- am really enjoying exercising with others now. Good luck to everyone on their goals.
  • iplibrarian
    iplibrarian Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 52, 5'5" and have a goal of 130. I am currently at 145, so I have my work cut out for me! Just getting back to regular exercise after a few months of being sedentary.
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have just turned 70 and 57.5kg my goal is 56kg I am trying to build muscle and lose the fat around my middle. Have just seen a dietitian who also does sports nutrition (I train 5 days a week). he told me I was not eating enough protein, I was sure I would gain weight if I ate more, but was surprised to find I lost 600g in three weeks and am still losing. I now have a high protein low carb and fat shake after my workout. Next step is to see an exercise physiologist who also does sports exercise to improve my body composition. My motto is to grow old disgracefully and enjoy every moment.
  • CookieBev
    CookieBev Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm over 60 and although not much overweight, still trying to get those last five off. Been on a plateau for weeks; I believe I'll start fresh vegetable juicing again. That always helps one's appetite.
  • latanyamckenzie
    latanyamckenzie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    57 trying to lose 49 lbs. Cholesterol problem and not trying to take any more medicine. Recovering from cancer. Just getting old and heavy but if I could lose 40 lbs my health would be so much better. I am not overweight but considering I have always fought for weight I am too big for my small 5'8" frame.
  • ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60, 5'3, within 5 pounds of my goal (120). Now that I've lost most of my excess weight (was 142 at the beginning of April this year), I'm trying to continue to lose but also build up muscle. I walk regularly and jog several times a week. My jogging goal is 5K three times a week. I also want to spend more time doing yoga so I stay flexible and add in strength training 2-3 times a week. I have a very small frame and my youthful fit weight was 105. I really am more interested in fitness than slenderness at this point in my life so I am goign to make my peace with 120. I don' have any of those 105 pound outfits around anymore anyway!
  • cat4life4
    cat4life4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and trying to get weight off I gained after some orthopedic issues - aka I had 3 surgeries in a year. Got off track and trying to get that last 25 lbs off.
  • Haddasah_Sofia
    Haddasah_Sofia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 55 and working on losing weight but more than anything on getting fit and finding my inner athlete. I'm 5'2'' and 147.2 lbs.

I'm also part of the "July Challenge" group. I needed the accountability so that's why I joined it. The spreadsheet that the group facilitator set up is interesting. Here's the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13_wTVLbg32L7K-egDkyf2n6Qe6GtGIUKFXzWrgcxL7g/edit#gid=95

It may be that you need the facilitator's permission to access it though. Their discussion group is not very active so I think this group will provide me with much needed peers and company B)

I turned 50 and the lbs. started wrapping my already padded waistline. Aches and pains started setting in so I'm very determined to get the weight off, build muscle and live a much healthier active life.

I've been a MFP user on and off but I need to buckle down and get serious about this weight loss so here I am, this time to work hard, lose the weight and tone them muscles :)

I've been walking at a brisk pace for cardio and just today started a couple (arm, abs, plank) challenges that I can do at home and are simple/paced enough so as not to injure myself.

Here are the links if any of you are interested:
    ABS: http://www.blogilates.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/30-day-ab-challenge-2.png
    ARMS: http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/21-Day-Arm-Challenge-
    PLANKS: 37016988?crlt.pid=camp.86HO0hvkKfNS#photo-37016988
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1150262/30-day-plank-challenge

I have an appointment with a Nutritionist/Dietitian/Wellness Counselor this Thursday to help me with a healthy, sensible approach to reach my goals. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm very glad I found this group! It sounds like we all have quite a few things in common. Happy week to all! B)