Where to buy Xylitol?

Options
deksgrl
deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
I have been reading a lot of recipes and many of them call for Xylitol. I have not seen this in stores, or maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

I made low carb pizza crust last night and the recipe called for it, and I just used a packet of stevia instead.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Whole foods in the U.S. carries it. In the baking department.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    I have been reading a lot of recipes and many of them call for Xylitol. I have not seen this in stores, or maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

I made low carb pizza crust last night and the recipe called for it, and I just used a packet of stevia instead.

How was the pizza crust? :smile: You know me, always looking for more pizza!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It was good. I do not bake and I managed to make it work. I made it according to the recipe but must have not measured the almond flour and parmesan exactly because it was way too wet, and it wasn't enough to cover the cookie sheet. So I had to make another batch, and I made it with a little extra parmesan to account for the too wet of the first batch, and together it came out fine. I didn't have the parchment paper it calls for, so I just pressed it right on the cookie sheet.

http://www.atkins.com/recipes/almond-and-parmesan-pizza-crust/2082

We don't have Whole Foods stores yet in my area, one is scheduled to open in 2017. There is another natural foods store I can try, I was only there once so I'm not familiar with all they have. I can compare price on the almond flour there too.