Weekly Post 28.06. - 04.07.15.

Options
2»

Replies

• zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    And to answer your question. ....28 kg in 1 yr with 5:2.... and i am not the only one. Don't listen to them and keep going. B)

Thanks!!!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Is ADF the 4:3 ? If so that's Varady's protocol. It's more aggressive than 5:2. Varady actually got annoyed by Mosley using her research as scientific basis for the 5:2. Which is a valid point. He was sloppy using her numbers on his own protocol.

Anyway if you do 4:3, I'd expect a faster weightloss or it might jumpstart from stall. I wouldn't obsess on a number, though. We're all different and there's also the adherence component/carrying out plans. Let us know how it goes :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Foami: ADF is even more agressive than 4:3 as it is alternate day (aka EOD - every other day) fasting. Although Varaday let them eat what they wanted on non fast days, saying most only overate their TDEE by 10-20%, if I remember the documentary correctly.

In any case...losses on any plan might get slower the closer to goal as your TDEE sinks with decreased weight, but losses are not limited. It could be that people (me) still tend to eat more than TDEE on non fast days when not cal counting and thus maintain while still fasting on 2(-4) days a week. My TDEE is so low that my deficit on fast days without exercise is only 1000cals because I'm short and under 60kg. If I'm not careful on the other 5 days, those are eaten up quickly.... That is one reason why I exercise regularly...it increases my TDEE ;-) Following 5x 2000 and 2x 500 nils out any deficit for me (TDEE 1600-1800, depending on the weekly exercise burn).
  • zahid222
    Options
    ADF is alternate day fasting. My TDEE is 1307 cals so you see I have to exercise which I have not been doing . I am very short and 52 yrs, that's why my TDEE is so low. But so far I think this is the Only way that I can keep the 10 lbs off. I hope I can incorporate some exercise into my life.
  • dorriemochan
    dorriemochan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 weeks in now and it's quite tough to not see any obvious effects yet. I'm used to doing crash diets in the past and seeing quite rapid weight loss so I just need to keep telling myself it's a long term goal! Maybe I'll consider the 4:3 as I too am at 60kg so thinking that the extra weight doesn't shift as fast to help keep motivation levels up!
  • zahid222
    Options
    good luck!