I was that person at the movie theater today..

Options
DAM5412
DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
who brought my own snacks with me!!

Yep, I'm working extra hard to stay in Keto, so going to the movies with the family was a concern because I love twizzlers and popcorn. Instead I brought pork rinds with me, slim jims and mozzarella sticks and bought a diet coke and a thing of nacho cheese and it was awesome!

This is one of the pitfalls which usually takes me off track, but with planning I got past it!

Has anyone else done there? There really are no LCHF or Keto Friendly options, so I didn't feel bad. (though my teenagers were slightly embarrassed.)

Replies

• Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I just stick with water...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    My fiance is hard of hearing, so we don't go to the theater, but in the past, even before going LCHFMP, I got water and didn't snack at all in the theater... I do occasionally make a snack at home, but in limited portion and such to avoid it being mindless eating.

Perhaps we should start petitions for the mainstream theaters to include more food options. Nearly everything we would like to have is shelf-stable...
  • DAM5412
    Options
    Seriously @KnitOrMiss there is nothing available at the movie theater, outside of water and diet soda which is LC friendly. I think if I had eaten a meal before going, i'd have been fine with just water @Fvaisey, but since I didn't have the chance (yes, PPP on my part), I knew I could be tempted. I was quite pleased with myself though for not 'sampling' any of the kids popcorn or candy, and in fact my teenager ended up sharing my cheese sticks.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I think your calorie count for the pork rinds is off.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    Seriously @KnitOrMiss there is nothing available at the movie theater, outside of water and diet soda which is LC friendly. I think if I had eaten a meal before going, i'd have been fine with just water @Fvaisey, but since I didn't have the chance (yes, PPP on my part), I knew I could be tempted. I was quite pleased with myself though for not 'sampling' any of the kids popcorn or candy, and in fact my teenager ended up sharing my cheese sticks.

Mine has pickles...and at one point they have beef sticks, but it's been a few years since I have headed out. I think they have hotdogs, too, which I could do bunless, etc. I am trying to remember... I usually just make a point to eat before I go or get a drink. It's not been a bother to not eat during it. Other than occasionally nibbling on candy, I never was a big snacker at the movies. I hate having to get up to use the restroom.

Also, random observance. I'm less likely at home to snack during a movie than a TV program... Anyone else? Maybe the commercials interrupting my focus??
  • DAM5412
    Options
    I do not snack at home usually, but the movie theater it's almost on autopilot.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    I do not snack at home usually, but the movie theater it's almost on autopilot.

I guess growing up poor where we would go to the dollar movies but not afford snacks had it's benefits! LOL