I cant help but binge...

Options
liveyourlifex
liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
During the weekday, I am good. I eat balanced meals, go to school (taking summer classes), go to the gym, and everything goes as planned. Once the weekend hits, I'm done. I dont have school Friday, Saturday and Sunday so those are the days I tend to overeat, and when I say overeat, I'm basically eating and stuffing my face the whole day until I cant breathe. Then I'll rest and then once I'm not dying from a food coma, I would eat more. I go to the gym everyday except sunday but since I have nothing to do on the weekends, I guess that's why I end up bingeing.

I used to have binge eating disorder but I guess I have not recovered fully. I usually stay in on the weekends to study for class since I have an exam every week but sitting and studying ends up with me eating non stop. I cant go to the library on the weekends because it's closed so I stay home and eat... and get distracted from studying.

What can i do to prevent me from eating so much on the weekends? I feel like I lose weight during the weekday but gain everything back from the weekend. Even if I start eating more during the weekday, I will end up eating a lotttt on the weekend. I don't have any sort of junk food at home so when I want to binge, I just overeat on healthy meals. But I can't handle this anymore :( Sorry for the rant. I just finished eating and I am really full right now to the point where I am uncomfortable. But I have to go back to studying...

Replies

• Sherryfood95
    Sherryfood95 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Boredom and isolation triggers me everytime. What about joining a weekend social outlet - church, cycling or hiking group, study group, fun job come to mind? Just a few hours so you can still study. Or minimally study at a coffee shop.
  • 5Mack
    5Mack Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    +1
    Your week has structure which clearly you thrive under but come the weekend you struggle to maintain the discipline which that structure affords. Perhaps you could move your gym schedule to the weekend so every day has something planned in which gets you out of the house.