Ending the Five-Oh

Options
camblin
camblin Posts: 38 Member
wjekwiqhknim.jpg
I am turning 51 this week. I thought it would be fun to look back and see what changes the big five-oh brought. I generally avoid cameras but I was able to find a selfie from August of last year, when I got new glasses, so I whipped out my phone to do a side-by-side comparison. The thing that struck me the most was how pale I was in August. Apparently, I spent the summer hiding under a rock. I can't say I am sad to leave 50 behind (or 49, 48, or 47).

Replies

• dia_nruf
    dia_nruf Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    You look younger and healthier in your current photo. What a difference a year makes, 365 little days... It's clear you have been working hard towards your goal. You look mahvahlous!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    ^^^ ditto. Amazing change in 10 months, you should be proud of your accomplishment, you look great!
  • camblin
    Options
    The hardest thing about gaining weight, especially when it impacts your health and energy, is how much life you miss out on because you feel self conscious, and don't FEEL like doing anything. I live in the country on several acres, so it is hard for me to imagine how I got to August without having a tan, unless I stayed inside the whole summer...which is probably exactly what happened. I remember going out to weed last summer, and actually hyperventilating because it was so hard to be out in the heat, engaged in physical activity. I blamed it on age, and 30 years of smoking (even though I quit two years earlier). I still have a long ways to go, but summer is a lot more fun when you have at least gotten to the point where you are willing to go out in shorts and tank tops.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    You look great, much healthier than last year.
  • biccielover
    biccielover Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    you look so well now got good cheekbones
  • camblin
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I'm so used to hating pictures of myself and feeling self-conscious about my appearance, it actually made me tear up a bit to see nice comments.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Got to agree with my fellow mfp members
    Wow!! What a difference a year makes
    U look fabulous!!