Progress Check In

Options
annieboomboom
annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
I began this journey 6.5 months ago.
I stuck with it because it seemed reasonable, and nothing else had worked for any length of time. Starving was not an option.

I have not been on a scale. I decided that it was simply too debilitating to follow a scale up , then down, then up again.
I looked for other signs, clothes, measurements.
In the beginning, it was so slow.

As I read and learned more about the diet, I jumped headlong into putting more fat into my diet. It was a leap of faith. No one seemed to notice anything different about me and I began to question if I was deluding myself. Size medium pants , zipped closed, size medium dresses, fit, size large tee, a bit blousey, size large skirts need hiking up.

Then, someone who hadn't seen me in a year, was floored. So much weight, she said. Your face is different. You look taller.

I am here to say, that while I was slow out of the gate maybe because I messed up my metabolism all those years of yo yoing, I never once considered a "cheat" day, felt fully satisfied on mostly meat and chicken with Horseradish Aoili, chicken salad, eggs, bacon and butter. All in some moderation. I go to the gym, do weights and light arobics, walk.

I have put a handful of strawberries in my diet, made homemade raspberry ice cream, use coconut oil in my iced coffee and tea. Fat without protein.

I will weigh when I am ready.
If you are not someone who has lost quickly I am here to say, re evaluate, consider almost no carbs and increasing your fat UNTIL, your body adjusts. It really can take months.

I have also started taking Valarian at night and coincidence or not, my stubborn belly fat has begun to re shape.

Good luck.

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Awesome check in! Great work! Your real win is persevering through those discouraging moments.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story @annieboomboom! Glad your patience and perseverance have paid off.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    So awesome. It's great to have someone notice and validate what you are doing. I give you huge kudos for not hopping on the scale. I weigh in a few times a week and track in my calendar. Where I can see the ups and downs and know it's just normal fluctuation. As long as the month long trend is down, I'm pleased.
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @annieboomboom Good for you! How smart of you to measure your success by more than the scale. Thanks for sharing your experience.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Great job! You have truly created a new lifestyle which is the ultimate goal.
    When the day comes that you do decide to use that ol scale, don't worry about whatever it says.
    You and others can see your healthier new way of life... What could be better than that?!?
    The number that scale gives you is simply a factor in your calculation for goal calories. If that's even something your tracking. Doesn't say anything about you.
    Your commitment to personal care speaks volumes though. Keep up the good work!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed reading your check-in. It is food for thought for an impatient slow starter, like myself. I think we all hope for and expect near immediate results but when you have a broken metabolism it an take time for the body to heal and adapt 1st before it starts to let go of the fat.
    Im a scale-a-holic but i can see how liberating it must be to do away with the scale and concentrate on the NSVs, which it sounds you have accomplished many.
    Well done, you, and keep up the amazing work.
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It is fat adaptation and now, I love me my fat. yikes.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Love your post Annie! I feel guilty sometimes because the transition has almost been effortless for me. I really admire your grounded way of looking at your WOE and your perseverance.