Need good sports bra recommendations.

Options
Qbaimee
Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
Hi everyone! This is my first post on this group. I had surgery 02/24/15 and I am down about 70 lbs now.
I've started the couch to 5k and I am at the end of week 4.

I am pretty busty (40DD) and I need a good sports bra (a racerback one) that will hold the girls in place, while I run, THAT WONT GIVE ME THE UNIBOOB LOOK. I have an Enell bra that does this and it works well (its like a harness though, LOL) but it gives me the uniboob AND its not racerback so I cant wear my tanks with it.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good racerback bra that wont have me bouncing all around while running?

Thanks,
Aimee

Replies

• JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have under armor, and Nike, but I have no boobs to speak of so I can't answer the Big boob problems. Make sure you do get good support though. That is main thing. Good luck!!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have Danskin ones that I got from Wal-mart so they're not too pricy. I'm pretty big busted (38-III) and they support me fairly well. The problem I'm beginning to have is that my boobs are starting to shrink so I'll probably have to get new ones before it's done.
  • Dannadl
    Dannadl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I also have and Enell but don't like wearing it due to the uniboob and racer back issues. I'm in Phoenix, so at this time of year a tank top is essential. I'm a 32DD and anytime you get bigger than a C it gets hard to find good sports bras. Frankly I can't find 32DD anywhere except specialty stores. Most stores carry 32A, 32B and occasionally 32C but no bigger cup sizes than that. I have a Champion that I love. I'd visit some specialty running stores (Road Runner Sports etc.) and running expos. I've gotten a few good ones there, in the right size, but they are pricey (I mean stupid expensive). I've tried Target, Costco and Walmart but I can't find a cup size big enough with a band size small enough there. Victoria's Secret carries some as well that I can get sized right, not my favorite, but fits well and gives good support, just hard to find in not so wild colors.
  • GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    At 42D I've found the Enell to be the best option because it absolutely, positively keeps everything in place. I have mine in black and people have mistaken it for a running top like you might by in the exercise section at Target. I wear just the bra when I run in the summer. I feel okay doing that because it's black and everything blends in well, but I think with any other color I would feel like it looked strange.
  • GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    u2q8gnkr8bx1.jpg with my daughter in my Enell - back when I could do a 5K :(
  • brookelayne
    brookelayne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant recently started selling sports bras with underwire and convertible straps that can be racerback or standard. I thought the underwire would be weird, but it's actually really supportive and doesn't get in the way like you might expect.