JULY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

darkrider42
darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the July 2015 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Wednesday, July 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any JUNE miles here. We will continue updating the JUNE spreadsheet using the JUNE thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of July . Please add only your JULY goals/miles to this JULY thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :wink: )

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.... ....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :smile:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Dave

Replies

• darkrider42
    Going for 60 miles again this month! Hoping there will be some more running miles too. :smile:

Dave
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,249 Member
    Please put me down for 200 miles this month.

Thank you very much!

Chris
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    No really long rides planned for this month, so I'll aim for 300 miles in July.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member

exercise.png

Closer than I thought I would get. I low balled my runs from when I was in England. I have no idea where I was, lol!
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,340 Member
    I am going for 200 again this month. I would rather error on the low side because of all the rain and me going in for PT for neuropathy in my shoulder and arm. I just hope I am able run my second half marathonMm is month.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    I'm going to up it to 90 miles, I'm off for 15 days starting in 13 hours and 21 mins so I will have lots of time to get moving. If I can do more cycling classes, I'll probably up the number. I've done two so far but my schedule has been horrible the last two weeks and I've barely gotten to the gym.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,796 Member
    200 miles for me please
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I need to keep myself challenged, but I'm a little nervous about taking on more than I can handle. Put me down for 135 miles. Definitely a stretch, but it should be doable. (Or I will just have to get the bike out......which I should have done by now anyway)
  • Tazzythatsme
    Tazzythatsme Posts: 211 Member
    Only 60 miles for me this month . Hectic school schedule .
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    150 miles walking for me and 10 miles biking. I will be traveling this month. So, I am hoping I can get some biking in.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Put me down for 40. I plan on being in the country all month. If the flies and mosquitoes don't drive me crazy I should be able to make this!
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    put me down for 160 miles walking/biking/elliptical for July
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,898 Member
    In for 100 again. If I can stick with my training plan I should blow through it but I feel like I deserve bonus miles if I manage all the running the plan requires. ;)
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    It's heating up here and I do t do well I that but put me down for 90!
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    I will go for 120 miles for July, please :)
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Going for 800 miles again in July as I have some holidays coming up

• darkrider42
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    edited June 2015

exercise.png

50 miles this month. No excuses.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    I will be having back treatments through all of July, so I am not sure what I can come up with. Please put me in for 150 miles.
  • clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    edited June 2015
    50 miles for me again this month...

g8yym5.png
This discussion has been closed.