Week 4 Check-In: Week of June 29, 2015

Options
CatAlii
CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
Good morning everyone! Welcome to Week 4 of 12 Weeks, 20 lbs, a group of people supporting and encouraging each other in our journey to better health in 12 week increments. The idea behind this group is, by setting smaller more attainable goals (20 pounds in 12 weeks), we will be more likely to succeed at our long term goals. We started this 12 week cycle on June 8, 2015 but feel free to jump in any time!

By checking in each week, we can assess which goals and resolutions are working, which aren’t, and improve them for the next week. Thank you so much for being a part of this group. Here's to reaching our 12 week goals! Have a wonderful week. :smiley:

To get started, copy and paste the four items below in your post:
Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks:
Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th:
Weekly victories:
Goals for this week/Areas I can improve:

Replies

• CatAlii
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20 lbs
    Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th: 0/-3 lbs
    Weekly victories: Started off the week strong with exercise and eating right
    Goals for this week/Areas I can improve: Stay on course for the entire week - daily exercise, daily walks, and healthful food choices

The beginning of the week was great but towards the end it went a bit haywire. Between personal issues, PMS, hot/muggy weather, and my mom going to the ER this weekend the end part of the week was not so great. I ate more than I should have, was tired and grumpy, and didn't feel like moving as much. My mom is doing OK, she's back home and will follow up with her doctor (it's an ongoing condition). I don't want to make excuses. I just want to acknowledge that I didn't do very well when faced with challenges this week so I've decided to read the two Beck books (Beck Diet Solution and Diet Trap Solution) to learn to better cope with tough days because life is full of tough days!

I am going to vent here once and then stop feeling sorry for myself and get back to it! I think it stinks that we can work so hard for weeks and then a couple days of backsliding a bit (not even that much!) can stop or reverse the progress we worked so hard to make so quickly! No one said this would be easy so I'll treat every day as a fresh start as much as I can and try not to feel discouraged.

I wish everyone a wonderful and successful week!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20 lbs /MFP Starting weight @270.4 June 2014
    Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th: -1 lbs/ -7.2 total @ 177.8 lbs
    Weekly victories: 2 dinners and 1 grad party made healthly choices
    Goals for this week/Areas I can improve: water, water, water. Really need to stop weigh in every day. :s

Weighing in yesterday i was at 177.2, today 177.8. Even though i lost weight since last Monday's weigh in it is extremely upsetting to see the number go back up. I was so close to the 176's now getting back to the 178's. I worked so hard not to eat at my dinners out and at the grad party. Just hate that the scale moves up and down so much each day. I am taking the 1 pound loss but i was expecting a little more for all the hard work. I guess no one ever said this was easy. :'(

@CatAlii please keep venting thats why we are all here to listen. I know i feel better after i get it out. Wishing your Mom good health. Send us tips from your reading.

I too wish everyone a good week and don't give into the holiday weekend. Try to treat it like any other day. Make good choices. :)
  • CatAlii
    Options
    @CatAlii please keep venting thats why we are all here to listen. I know i feel better after i get it out. Wishing your Mom good health. Send us tips from your reading.

Haha-oops-what I meant to say was that I will only vent once about not losing any weight this week and then move on. I guarantee I will vent again in the future.
  • N_Laplante
    N_Laplante Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    weight loss goal in 12 weeks - 20 lbs
    starting weight from June 8 - 233 / weight this week 219.2 / net weight loss so far 13.8
    weekly victories - ate out 3 times and made healthy choices each time
    area for improvement - more exercise! only got in two workouts this week but managed to dust off the elliptical machine and bowflex in my basement (yeah!) - the sweating felt good!

am officially finished work for the summer so no more excuses on lack of time!
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did not weigh in this week because I was on a plane at 6:30 in the morning. I'm at Disney World until the 7th. I'll try to make good choices and the only excersize willing be lots of walking.
  • StefieS
    StefieS Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First, as I mentioned, I started on day 1 after a week of a stomach virus at 155 lbs (list 4+ lbs in 5 days). This wasn't ideal bc I think it wasn't a realistic weight to start with!!! Therefore, I am revising my starting weight to 158.

Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 15 lbs

Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th: - .2 lbs to 157.8 (minuscule loss but I'll take it)

Weekly victories: Realizing getting to bed early will likely help my weight loss effort

Goals for this week/Areas I can improve:
    Making sure to go to bed early whenever possible;
    Choosing healthy food optionson vacation this week;
    Maintaining exercise while on vacation.
  • SIERRANV1
    SIERRANV1 Posts: 206 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I plead the 5th this week, and will post in full next week~ :|
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options