Motivation, Support, and Accountability Thread 6/29/15 through 7/5/15

Options
matfatcowboy
matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
Hey everyone!
I'm pinch hitting for Italian, so here we go!

I had a pretty good week last week with exercise but didn't get the loss on the scale I expected. I think I need to get serious about weighing my food and see how that goes.

My goals for this week
Exercise 5 times
drink 6 bottles of water a day
measure my food before eating it.

Mini Goal of the week:
What is the Best thing/Worst thing about your weight loss journey so far?

Replies

• jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are:
    (1) 35 minutes exercise a day
    (2) meditation twice a day
    (3) stick with the Detox menus (to deal with food addiction and get the dopamine my brain is craving from healthy food and reduce the production of stress hormones that unhealthy eating habits cause)

The fresh fruits and vegetables looked so good at the store today; I bought more than I had planned but I am glad that's what tempted me not the ice cream, candy, chips etc. No feeling guilty about broccoli, watermelon, or peppers, right?

• Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I had a good week last week but the scale disagreed with me and I had a 1.8 lb weight loss on the scale, so I'm pretty proud of that. So for this week I'm gonna step up my game.
    1) drink 3 bottles of water per day
    2) cycle 3 times this week and 1 body weight workout
    3) stick to my calories like they are money. I have a budget so I need to stick to it.
    4) weigh my food and log every oz.

MINI GOAL: The best part of my weight loss journey so far has been the encouragement I have received from my family and the people on mfp. Also I have found exercises that I don't hate. The worst part of my journey has been gaining all 30 pounds back that I lost, and when I got back on bike feeling like I was gonna die.

@matfatcowboy you can do it. Just be firm on your earing and count everything. And @jlthesis7 it looks like you are making small improvements. It is so much better that all you were tempted by was fruit and veg. That's awesome! Small steps will get you to where you need to go! Plus you can never get too many veggies.
  • 300to1derland
    300to1derland Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Last week I had a 3lb loss and I hope this past four days hasn't totally sabotaged it. I haven't been eating the best. Going to kick this week's butt though!

1. Drink 21 oz of water in the morning before ANYTHING.
    2. Exercise 40 minutes a day.
    3. Stop guestimating my food so much and actually measure it!
    4. Remind myself that this is going to take time - it won't all fall off overnight.

Mini Goal: The best part of my journey is that my endurance is getting better with every day that passes. The worst part is my own lack of patience for the whole darned thing :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Hey guys

My goal this week is basically not to lose my mind

Sorry I have been MIA, I have literally had a terrible last week.

Last Tuesday my son's bike got stolen right from the bike rack on my apartment building. On Thursday I went with him to the sports store to buy a new one, he spent like over $250, picked it up Friday, and today, IT GOT STOLEN AGAIN FROM HIS PLACE OF WORK. He is a high school kid, so that is a LOT of money to him.

I am gutted.

On top of that I am having a long drawn out fight with my SO. Work has me stressed to the max. I had an important appointment today that I thought was at 3pm, and it was at 2pm. That is so not like me to do that, I am just so overwhelmed I do not know which way is up.

My sister and her family are coming from Indy on Friday, so I am loaded with chores and errands.

I am just feeling really strung out and totally gutted for my son.
  • Summershowalter
    Options
    @Italian_Buju that's tough....take 5 min out of everyday and just breath! If you don't take time for your mental health then the stress will impact you physical health. Life happens but it's how you react to it that makes the change. It sounds like life has thrown you a huge curve ball but all things pass with time. You've got this. Even if it's only a hot bath and that's your only time for you...take it! We are here for you.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Italian take care of yourself, how unfair for your son to loose two bikes, its more than just monetary value.

My family has falled off all of our wagons, i need to refigure everything out and i keep saying it because i keep not figuring it out. My husband doesnt want these changes and it leaves me feeling very conflicted....

The question im always asking myself is if i dont want this life why i dont work harder to change it!!
  • Summershowalter
    Options
    @Hlar79 it is very difficult to be successful if you don't have support. You may just have to take a stand with your family and make junk food illegal in the house. Meaning that is if they insist on eating poorly then they need to respect you enough to not eat the junk around you. Lean on this group and others to keep yourself motivated and just being honest with yourself will help. Even the smallest change is a victory. Don't do this the cold turkey way that is never a substantial way to change your lifestyle. Make those small changes and celebrate them as you go. Good luck!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I do have a list of places not allowed in the house that i never enjoy but eat cause im fat and have not developed that self.control, and places and treats that I enjoy and know fit into what i want my life to be. My husband only sees what he wants though, i had an iced coffee from mcdonalds so he assumes its on my list and brings home 20 chicken nuggets a extra large fries and then has from another store a icecream/slurpee kind of drink. he drops the food right in front of me and walks away, its like on those fat people shows when your yell at the tv, omg just out down the French fries! I ate half the nuggets and stopped myself, but he didn't need to bring it home he can eat that stuff out of the house if he wants! Sometimes i think he is so insecure he doesnt want me to be attractive to anyone else!

Oh rant, anyways i will work it out, the emotional side is being dealt with in therpay, the health side with my doctor and one day i will find my way! And thanks for the support summer :smile:
  • Summershowalter
    Options
    It's my pleasure! You will figure this out. Just don't quit. No one ever said it was easy. If it was we would all look like toothpicks. Sometimes you just need some fries...and sometimes you get them brought to you. But like I said before even just being aware is a step in the right direction. It is excellent that you are seeking therapy for the emotional side and your dr. Can help you a lot. Just be honest when you see him. It might be a good idea.to bring this stuff in therapy as well.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I've been doing great this week meeting my goals. I am a bit worried about how to maintain that over the holiday weekend with the temptations I will be surrounded by. I even practiced my refusal skills; "I'll have some later" works with everyone but my dad. He remembers and brings me some later; I know he is trying to show he cares but it's tough to not get annoyed with him. My sister says to give him a limit and say "I'll have a half slice later; can you put it in one of the containers I brought" and just make sure they are the size I can have. That way we both win.

Italian, your son must be so disappointed. It is so hard to learn about injustice and be resilient.
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to my American friends on here. So far so good on the eating front. Gonna keep pushing on the excersize. Onward!!!
  • Summershowalter
    Options
    Happy 4th everyone. I didn't do all that great this week. My eating was meh. But I had a scale victory in spite of it so yay! I missed my exersize goals so next week has got to be more on point.