Left hanging?

jo_marnes
jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
Hey all,

So, having spoken to the people at the gym, they have confirmed that due to a dual pulley system, I am in fact pulling 53kg, not the 26.5kg it says on the weight stack - go me! So my problem is that I need to up my weights, but when I go up to 57kg (the next increment), it's more than my bodyweight (54 kg). So, I can't actually pull the bar down into position. Once I get my knees under the support I'd be ok, but I can't get to that point. It's like I'm hanging (feet off of the ground!) from the bar. So anyone got any tips as to how I can get around this??

Thanks!

Replies

• Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Do they have a single-pulley that you can use? or those little increment weights you can add to the stack?

Maybe work on BW pullups instead?
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Someone suggested pull ups on one of the other forums too.... hmmmmm..... am hesitant about attempting these in public, lol
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,505 Member
    Did you ever get this worked out? I'm not *quite* to that point yet, but today my final rep at 125 pounds yanked me off the seat and it got me thinking! Then I remembered this post from way back when I was still in Stage 1. :smile: