Aiming High in July

AshTrixxy
AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
Welcome to the monthly walk/jog/run challenge! Please join us as we make a daily dedication to staying active!

This month, I am putting a twist on the challenge: I would like you to challenge yourself to your own daily dedicated distance! Some people find 1/2 mile a day to be a challenge while others find 5 miles a day to be a challenge! So aim high like a firework and let's support each other as we go the distance!!

Replies

• FunnyFit
    FunnyFit Posts: 46 Member
    Love this! I'm in for at least a mile a day and hopefully much more ;)
  • AshTrixxy
    I am going to change my goal to a weekly goal of 12 miles/week and a daily goal of 10,000 steps. I have learned over the past month that having a dedicated walk or jog daily is sometimes not possible with the work hours I keep, so I'm going to work with it! I'm already off to a good start putting in 3.2 miles this morning!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for getting this up and running, Ash. :)

Good luck to all!!

I will try for July: 3 miles/day dedicated walking

But, getting started for the 1st ... I have had company since the weekend; my children and grands ... I was only able to dedicate 2 miles today, 7/1
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    My goal is 40 miles a week
  • Nightingale2200
    3.1 miles 7/2
  • evhutchings
    7.27 july 1
    7.87 july 2
    Nightingale u r right on track!!!! Nice job!!!!
  • AshTrixxy
    Wow! What a day! Did an intense work-out combining weights and walking for 2.8 miles to start the day off and then went to the beach, spending at least 2 hours in the water! I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight...
  • Nightingale2200
    And, you are moving and burning, Val. :)

Great job there, Ash.
  • AshTrixxy
    Way to move, ladies!!
    Walked the dog today for 1.26 miles. Had to cut it of early because she was getting too hot.
  • Nightingale2200
    Having trouble really getting back in groove since company left early today. Raining, too. Just not as productive with my exercise.

2.0 miles 7/3
  • AshTrixxy
    2 miles is 2 miles!! Nothing to shake a stick at! I think its great!
  • Nightingale2200
    Thanks, Ash. :)
  • evhutchings
    6.53 Friday
  • evhutchings
    Ash sounds like fun...love when the activities dont feel like work! Nightingale nothin to sneeze at! You are going strong!
  • FunnyFit
    You girls are doing great and are certainly keeping me moving. I have hit my goal and then some each day! I have to figure out how to turn the tracker on my phone again OR find my FitBit so I can find out exactly how far I have been walking, but I am thinking it is between 3-4 miles??
  • Nightingale2200
    Thanks, Val. You still amaze me with your mileage!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, FunnyFit.
  • AshTrixxy
    Hi funny!! I know, Val blows us all out of the water! Lol!
  • FunnyFit
    Hi All! I'm Nan, btw
  • Nightingale2200
    3.3 miles 7/4
  • evhutchings
    7.34 for 7/4/15....hi Nan!!!!! Nightingale...you'd be surprised the things you can do while you are walking in a circle!!! Hahahaha! I'm the ultimate multitasker!!!! Checking Facebook, MFP and emails on my phone while I walk! We are each other's cheerleaders....it's all about doing it...not how long or how far....move it to lose it!!!!!