Cooking Vegan

kia_runs
kia_runs Posts: 77 Member
Hello all, newbie here. Almost vegan. I can't get away from cheese..that's another blog post.

I have found that many of the great tasting vegan recipes are time-consuming. Lots of chopping and all, some call for ingredients that I don't use regularly like sauerkraut, cashews, miso and some one off spices. Any websites that have minimal ingredients and prep work?
Thanks in advance.
kia

Replies

• fat2fitvegan
    fat2fitvegan Posts: 30 Member
    I really like The Vegan Stoner for easy recipes that don't take a lot of prep work. The Vegan 8 has recipes that are all eight ingredients or less and they're vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free, although I haven't tried any of their recipes.
  • CanadianDaddyphant
    CanadianDaddyphant Posts: 8 Member
    Definitely check out the minimalist baker - vegan, a ton of gluten-free, and all for either fewer than five ingredients or less than 30 minutes to make.
  • xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    You mentioned cheese-- that was the hardest for me, so I have to give my two cents! Vegan cheese is not known for its flavor, but I recently discovered Chao slices, which are made from coconut milk and aged like regular cheese (they consulted cheese experts). It's the best I've found taste/texture-wise, but it's still kind of expensive. I also use Daiya shreds (only pepper jack flavor tastes good to me) in tofu scramble or on pizza, and regularly use nutritional yeast for cheesy sauces.
  • Sarah0003
    Sarah0003 Posts: 41 Member
    xomakaxo wrote: »
    Vegan cheese is not known for its flavor, but I recently discovered Chao slices, which are made from coconut milk and aged like regular cheese (they consulted cheese experts).

Chao slices are the jam!

• Sarah0003
    Sarah0003 Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2015
    [/quote]

• kia_runs
    kia_runs Posts: 77 Member
    I will try it. I love cheese and crackers and cheese grits. Thanks @xomakaxo and the cosign @Sarah0003