July: Our Journey to Health

Options
Snooozie
Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
What steps towards your health will YOUR journey take you on this month?

oojqzstnzhh8.jpg

Replies

• Snooozie
    Options
    ok, i'll go first then LOL :smiley:

My steps to getting to a healthy me this month will include recognizing there will be challenges (long wacky shifts, and patio margaritas LOL), and keeping focused on why I cam here to start with - to lose my excess weight and get healthy and fit.

I am going to continue walking daily; work on increasing my water intake, up my fruit and veggie servings and try to limit my moments of indulgence to calorie worthy things I actually WANT (that's more a mental step for me; understanding I don't NEED to have everything just cause it's there LOL).
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Strive for progress - not perfection:)

If you have 4 out of 5 things go right then before you know it you'll be right where you want to be...

Have a safe and awesome 4th of July America...

Hoping my Canadian Friends had an awesome Canada Day....

TTYL

Carol:)
  • Snooozie
    Options
    nice to see ya drop in carol - and happy 4th of July celebrations to you!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
  • Snooozie
    edited July 2015
    Options
    my photo editing skills suck..... but I think I figured out the ducks prefer classic stuff over country!!

THIS was my audience for "Summer of 69" :)

s3qa9gr9bdtq.jpg

and THIS was my audience for "Feel like a Woman" LOL :)

r7int3d6zbj2.jpg

:p

Some steps on this journey are easier than others - but every step counts!
    Have a fabulous 4th of July holiday to my friends in the States!

jcgwntioyf8z.jpg
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    July is going to be a journey to maintain! Maintain the healthy I've attained and maintain my sanity. Perhaps I can maintain what little sanity I have by striving to maintain my health... Lol ... Am I talking in circles? Probably...
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Lol Snoozie :)B)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Oh!! such a a gorgeous place to walk...no wonder you make it look so easy to get in those long walks. I might even be coaxed out of the house to walk, if I could have a place such as that close by. the Photos are great !!

Hmmm....my steps to being healthy is to cleaning out a spot to keep my pilates thingy out , so I will use it....and to tweak my eating habits and try more paleo things, less carbs( to help with my Big D diagnosis.)
    Still trying to be able to take the pills, but they mutilate my tummy. Trying to just take half at a time today....so far so good.....fingers crossed.
    I hope everyone is having a lovely day, be safe this weekend.
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Love the sanity - wait, I think I meant I loved My sanity!!! This has been without a doubt a fantastic weekend thus far!!! My healthy lifestyle has not been totally forgone.... Close, but not totally!!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Hi Ladies...

I know that what I'm about to ask might be a little TMI... but please let me know your thoughts:

So.....

I'm not quite sure... but I've noticed that since my "cycle" is gone that I still want / crave sweets and chips from time to time...

Do you think that this could be that even though it's gone that my body still wants the junk...????

It used to have that effect on me....

Thanks for listening....

Carol
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    I think so. No medical knowledge on it, though ... but it makes sense to me that the hormonal cravings are still active. I still get my headache used to get around that time..
  • Snooozie
    Options
    LOL I don't think your cravings have anything to do with menopause itself Carol... carb and sweet cravings come and go; and seem to come on more frequently when you start eating them.. ... the spike from the sweets gives you the temporary high, and when you start to crash you crave more.. and if you eat more, another high, another crash, etc etc... its getting off the stuff that will stop the cravings IMO (but I haven't managed that yet either, but has nothing to do with my MOP.

• Snooozie
    Options
    had a rather freaky day today; on a special detail for a month at a different location, and its sort of a "staging" area for everyone across the city to report at; so today saw a lot of colleagues I haven't seen in years. and I mean a few actually 2 decades... staggered thru the 14 hr day I was working...

so a number of them were like OMG.. you look great... I cant believe how good yu look.. blah blah.... which i'll admit was nice of them to say the first few times... and I came up with what I thot was a good response (thanks, that's kind of you - its a work in progress...

but omg..... and I am truly not saying this just to blat about them all saying nice things... but after the 10th or 15th person stood there with this stunned look and said something.. I started to get a little pissed... yes I did... its like ok seriously people.... just how freaken bad did I look before already??? and thanks for the compliment... but away ya go now... but no... im running my *kitten* off while they're standing there asking all these stupid questions... like how did I do it?? (how does ANYONE lose weight.. duh!!) it honestly started really annoying me because I was starting to think HELLO.. i'm a nice person, remember?? I was a nice person THEN, and im a nice person NOW... (altho that's about to change LOL) but it was like they were saying I was a different person... and im NOT.... and it made me start to realize just how biased people are against overweight people... cause obviously when I was at my highest I was a "nothing" to you people. and now .. just because I lost weight i'm suddenly a "new person"?? NO I'M NOT... (hmmm yes it occurs to me I am ranting.. but this was all bottled up inside during my very long day LOL. and by the end of it I was getting pretty rabid LOL. it just started to really tick me off that suddenly I became a "new" person all over and worth their attention now... just because I lost weight.

anyway.... now that I've ranted here... and after another 2 hrs stuck in god awful traffic, i feel better thanks.. altho i'm still ticked at a lot of em LOL... but... i'm about to reward myself with a glass of wine for not slapping any of em !!!! and perhaps ... a wee square of dark chocolate too!! :)

did fine with food but totally dehydrated - about to start guzzling!! hope everyone had a good start to their week LOL!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Carol, I get more cravings than I used to, but for me I THINK it's just because I restrict what I eat more. I didn't have a "sweet tooth" before I started dieting. I suppose it's natural if you're restricting what you eat, to crave easy calories. But I'm perimenopausal rather than menopausal, so maybe I have a new stage to come :).

@ Snoozie, oh my goodness, your post REALLY struck a chord with me! It's almost as if everything you've achieved while being fat doesn't count. And you're suddenly a better person for being slimmer, instead of just the same person but a big lighter.

(I have to say, I'm so grateful for the way my boyfriend has reacted to my weight gain and loss. He didn't say a single negative word when I gained the weight in the first place. And even though I've lost it and he says I look great, he never even suggests that I didn't look good at my biggest. I know some people would see it as "enabling", but for me it really works.)
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Vail yes that's exactly how I was starting to feel!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Morning Hatters!

Just wanted to take a minute first to wish OWR and Susan positive thoughts as they get through the challenges they're dealing with now - hugs to both!

Doing some wacky shifts and hours this month for some special events going on in the city; but using my down time to re evatulate where im at and what I want for myself as y'all already know it's been 3 years yesterday for me here at MFP.. I have succeeded at about 85% of the weight loss I wanted, but the fitness part has a long way to go yet; and while I know what I have to start doing (the ST) I'm still not quite sure how to accomplish that (financially and without injury blah blah blah). Anyway.. i'll use the next few weeks to figure it out and then tackle it starting August 1st - that will be the focus of my steps to health next month.

For this month I'm still working towards the 1% total body weight loss; (I suck at math, but I did finaly realize as my weight goes down, the 1% is less to lose hahahaha). I'm about 1/2 way to my 1% for July - using the goal of at least TWO healthy food choices (meal or snack) every day, and WATER consumption. For this month, those are realistic and workable goals for me.

So time to get some strawberries into me (choice #1 LOL) how's everyone else doing in their journeys to health this month so far?
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Overall great on the goals... just gotta work on the chocolate and chip monster... I already had a banana, strawberries, and will be having an orange with lunch... my afternoon snack will be apple, cheese stick and yogurt - 1 or all 3... apple a day keeps the surgeon away.. cheese / yogurt ... calcium...:)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    edited July 2015
    Options
    g154n46z0r3n.jpg
    The Badlands
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    4vbfqce3rzaq.jpg

devils monument