What time of day for your one meal?

skeetpea
skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
Curiosity question. What time of day are you finding works best for your one meal per day?
I work 3rd shift 10 hour days, so I usually wake up, get ready for work, come home, and go to bed. I am finding that eating when I get home and going to bed an hour later is hindering my weight loss. So I have been seriously considering trying the one meal a day method. Should I possibly make the one meal per day during my 'lunch' break at work? I would have to plan out a rather large meal to bring and eat at work that way. And sometimes I don't even get lunch because of how busy I get. Should I make an effort to get up a little earlier and eat first thing when I get up? Does eating right after waking up make you feel hungry towards the end of your day?
What works best for you? Thanks!

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Sorry. I missed this topic.

I did overnights and got up at 5 pm and ate around 6. I was working by 10 pm. When I started, the mealtime was between 10 am and 2 pm like it is now, but it moved to the evenings and then after work, at 8 am after work. I saw no real difference in losses. But it feels better, I think, when you eat and are on the move throughout the day.
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    I am going to have to do dinner so my partner eill not know because he will try to be helpful and poiny out why this is a bad idea... best i sort myself out first going tp do for a walk each lunch time to avoid the work stuff.. starting 1st jan 2017..
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    I find dinner hour with family to be the best time. Then I can cook and eat with them.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    I am going to have to do dinner so my partner eill not know because he will try to be helpful and poiny out why this is a bad idea... best i sort myself out first going tp do for a walk each lunch time to avoid the work stuff.. starting 1st jan 2017..

I read a blog on the internet called 'Hubby's Home' and he lost a lot of weight and his family didn't even know he was on OMAD. He would eat whatever his wife fixed for dinner, including a sweet, and on weekends he would eat normally.

You could eat dinner with your partner and on weekends just say you're not hungry at breakfast or lunch. I think you could do this and no one would know.
  • pauleta1000
    pauleta1000 Posts: 14 Member
    I always have it finished about 3ish hours before bed. Gives the food enough time to settle and I like falling asleep on a full stomach. I always get a much better sleep on a full stomach. I know some people are different though.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member

Same mentality and problem as I have.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member

Walking at lunchtime is clever. You will do great!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    How's it going ?