Newbie needing help with Lean & Green suggestions

bargainshpr
bargainshpr Posts: 14 Member
Hello new to Medifast. On my third week struggling with my Lean & Green. Any sample meals that you would be willing to share would be greatly appreciated. My typical day consists of:
Breakfast a shake
Midmorning a bar
Lunch a Chili or soup
Afternoon cheese bites
Dinner a chicken breast with either a side of green beans or side salad
Dessert a brownie or another shake

Replies

• GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    I recommend looking up the recipes at Sandy's Kitchen (www.sandyskitchenadventures.com)
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    I hate to cook, so I go super-simple.

Some of my go-to L&Gs are:

3 scrambled eggs with added 'green' such as - spinach, mushrooms, green peppers, onion. Whatever combo of amounts equals a 'green' for whatever I feel like that day. This makes a full plate of food, especially with more spinach than other items.

7 oz. of tilapia, with either a salad or 1 1/2c of broccoli. I sprinkle garlic salt and lemon pepper on the fish, sometimes use some butter as my fat, or spray on some 0-cal butter spray if I'm using my fat elsewhere, like in salad dressing.

Big salad, with seasoned ground beef (or turkey) crumbles. You get a lot more of this than you'd think - *huge* meal, I'm always stuffed.

I'm always looking for more good 'recipes' too - simple ones, since as I said, I do hate to cook.

I've kind of been fudging my L&Gs lately because I've gotten 'bored' with what I'm willing to actually make (I let my hubby cook dinner and just eat it, or, bad me, I've had pizza or whatever. Luckily I am still maintaining, but any loss has slowed way, way down, so I need to get back on track with simple, easy L&Gs, even if they're 'boring'.)
  • kellis155
    kellis155 Posts: 25
    I am totally lazy. I take a protein (chicken breast, pork chop, tilapia, salmon) and sprinkle it with Mrs Dash and bake it. Then I just do 1 1/2 cup of microwaved vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower). If I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll roast the veggies in the oven (and diversify with green beans, asparagus, etc).

Sometimes I'll make taco meat with 99% FF turkey and add that on top of a salad. Or make tuna salad (can of tuna, 1 tbsp mayo, plus seasoning salt and pepper. Add in diced bell pepper, celery and cucumber) and make lettuce wraps using romaine.

Sandy's Kitchen also has great recipes if you don't mind putting in a little effort!