Need help advice

Options
urmymom
urmymom Posts: 27 Member
I'm really hoping that somebody knows what might be going on. Since having my pain pump removed almost 3 months ago I'm having a lot of problems. It seems to be when I need to go to the bathroom / bowel movement my stomach start burning really bad and my hands and feet feel cold. We first thought it was withdrawal from the pain pump being removed and being on medication that's not the case I had all kinds testing including a recent CAT scan everything comes out "normal I'm at my wits end it is so uncomfortable it's really bad. Having this pain pump out was supposed to allow me to worry about other things. But has now caused a problem. It's really kind of funny though because I was never able to the bathroom and now that I can it's uncomfortable before and afterwards I'm okay. But it can take a day or. 2 of this feeling. It would be so much easier if I could just pinpoint where it is exactly it is so spread through my whole stomach it's hard.

Has anybody ever heard of this I've tried looking it up and I can't find anything I'm going to a surgeon tomorrow to maybe just go in there and see what happened. They can use little cameras now. All I know is something happen. And It's not good

Replies

• KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have been following some of your story because we are both on a weight gain journey. That in itself is a daily struggle for me and I am a young and healthy mom. I can not imagine how hard it must be for you. I am not in the medical field, so I would advise you to follow your doctor's advice and get all the help you need from them . I will give you my best thoughts and wishes though! And open a channel to you for thoughts and prayers. Your friend, Kara.:flowerforyou:
  • urmymom
    Options
    Thanks. Went. To the general surgeon who's in the same office as my gi. After bawling my gi nurse finds me and they are going to do the colonoscopy. It's funny because today I made an appt for a gi second opinion. Lol. I did thank the surgeon though for saying she has no clue what this could be. I sometimes am now wondering if there is really 2 different things going on and that's what's throwing them off. Gi bowel and nerve problems. Well if anyone has heard of this or any problems before going please speak up will take any advice. I can't be the only on this happens to. Well I can but don't want to be. Lmao
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    cold hands and feet is usually an adrenaline rush / low circulation depending how quickly it comes on if it's constant it would lean towards circulation if it's a sudden thing it's leaning towards adrenaline rush

the burning / uncomfortableness could be a number of things, i'd say it would come down to what consistencey the BM is and what you've been eating, it could very well be a side effect of the pain pump in that most pain meds are blocking receptors of physical feelings, i wouldn't rule out that while you've had this pump you've got used to not feeling your digestive system work and it will take some time to get used to it again, especially if you're eating more than you have done previously, this is purely speculation though, tbh the colonoscopy is the best route as this will rule out a few reasons
  • urmymom
    Options
    Omg I never thought of this. I was basically on abou 80 mg of oral dilaudid that the equal amt of 1. It happened in hospital after removal but thought withdrawal Was on iv at that time still not as strong. By pump and 80 mg mouth. I'm down to 16 mg a day. Which is true more feeling. I am starting to think they are 2. Different things at the same time. It's just weird how I get this feeling when it's at the end of the line. Literally. Why not when it's moving throughout out. I wonder if that's the case of the feeling either how long will it take to stop. Or is there something they can give or do to stop it. Honestly I CAN'T TAKE IT anymore. I miss my pump and rather not go as often. Would be nice for the 1 x every other week. There is a syndrome called narcotic something. But is supposed to stop quickly and not these symptoms. Holy crap though this sounds plausible. Thanks