Week 8 Schedule
Day 1: Fit test and Max Interval Circuit
Day 2: Max Interval Plyo
Day 3: Max Cardio Conditioning and Insane Abs
Day 4:Max Recovery
Day 5: Max Interval Circuit
Day 6: Max Interval Sports training
Day 7: Off

I wanted to post for Week 8 so I thought I'd better copy how you start every week, Turbomoma!

Slight tweak for me - I didnt have an hour and a half this morning, so I did Max Interval, tomorrow I'll do Max Plyo, and tomorrow evening I'll do the fit test. This morning didnt go well at all - I was so tired but I ploughed through thinking that half effort is better than none!

Looking at the DVDs, and on the Insanity website, I dont see a reference to Insane abs, or Sports trainings, am I missing something?

Last fortnight of Insanity guys, let's give it our all!

Replies

• ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Plyo yesterday was GREAT, I think I love jumping around and I've seen the most progress in this session. This morning's Cardio conditioning was hard and I took loads of breaks but I also felt like I achieved a lot during it, whooo

Focusing on the upper and lower core seems to enable so much in this workout series! How are you guys doing? Turbomoma, hope you're okay this week, and if not, we'll see you shortly :)
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I did my fit test and set a goal of my increase from last time plus 1 and although i didn't hit all of them i'm still happy with my results.

Mostly because i didn't have to take breaks for the first exercises until power jumps i went the full minute!

Fit Test results:
    I did not hit my goal for all but i increased on everything except the suicide jumps, i personally think they should do these and push-up jacks first lol.
    Here are the results:
    switch kicks - NA/31/40/48
    Power jacks - 36/43/48/50
    Power knees - 61/83/90/91
    power jumps - 19/20/27/31
    globe jumps - 5/9/9/10
    suicide jumps - 12/13/16/14
    push-up jacks - 11/12/14/18
    low plank obliques - 28/31/36/42

I am also looking more at the beginning numbers comparison which is a huge change. Just wanted to share. Share your results too :)
  • boberrymom
    Options
    I just did plyo today and today i really focused on core holding, that is something that i struggle with a little but it went awesome! I still have a hard time with the power pushups, and the squat pushups...i just can't get the form proper to allow me to do what they do. I didn't have as much problem with the balance pushups as before i did 10 and although my arms and legs weren't as high they have definitely improved. I am seriously thinking about doing insanity again just to perfect all the moves and get even stronger! I just love the workout....i don't love it so much when i am doing it in fact everytime he says "you ready" I yell at the screen "no i'm not!" lol
    And yesterday i seen who you were talking about the "burn baby burn" guy....anthony is his name....yeah i wanted to smack him too.
    I can do the arms out high knees (all 3 sets of them) and i am getting so much higher with the s&s hops.

I really need to decided whether i'm going to do it again or not soon because we are on the downward slide now.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    That's the one! Glad it aint just me :)

This morning Max interval was good fun, I love feeling the progression so clearly. I can't do the side burpees with good form so I just do normal ones, and in the next round of Insanity I hope my arms and sides will be strong enough to do it properly.

This is a silly thing - I cant do the arms out high knees because it hurts my chest! I've lost about 11cm under my bust and only 3 from bust itself, so my sports bra isnt tight enough and maaaan it's uncomfortable. So I decided this morning to put an old formed cup bra on first, then sports bra over the top and whooop it worked, hee hee

What have you considered doing next? I'm actualy a bit concerned about it being just over a week away, I wish for more results before end of the 60 days!
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Today for me is Max Cardio and Cardio Abs. My goal today is to do exactly what my display pic says and if i try to falter tell myself to get back up and keep going!

Glad you found something that worked with the arms out, i find too that it really works the shoulders, lats and traps and those are still weaker points on my body. I can't do them as fast as them but i focus more on getting the knees up and that helps, i know eventually it will be better.

When I did the side suicide jumps my oblique muscle tensed up and omg i thought i was gonna keel over but i stretched it out and didn't do the second set, just stretched instead and rubbed and then the third round i felt better but really had to pay attention on form. The oblique muscle tense up stemmed from those stupid floor switch kicks, dang things!

I was originally looking at maybe doing Jillian's 30DS and then weight training but am afraid that i am not going to have a good enough workout program to create any muscle. I was also looking at Les Mills pump which would be a good focus but i believe its only 3 days a week and am afraid i wouldn't get huge results. Now that i am seeing more results with Insanity I kinda wanna do it again and see, i can only get stronger right? I'm just wondering if the strength that i get will be enough to blast off the belly fat i have or if i have to take the actual weight training route. So at this point i'm unsure. My husband loved insanity but has now quit pretty much doing it with me so either way i'm on my own. If I do insanity again i will be doing it myself so it will be harder to stay motivated without him pushing me. So i'm not sure what to do. All I know is that i really really love the insanity workout.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Do you have any weights? I wonder if you try Insanity again, with weights for the bits where you wish to push harder? I was thinking about using the little ones I have at home for the power punches and cross jacks perhaps

Well done on the side suicides, thats great to keep going!
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Yep I have 2, 3, 5, 10 and 20 lb weights. I am kinda wondering if i do insanity again, i mean whats the worst that can happen? I get stronger? that's not so bad too and i really love the workout. I did see Chalene Xtreme today and that looks almost like what i want but i don't like Chalene much lol. I have to decide soon because Insanity is almost over.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    I saw one of the adverts for P90x on Insanity and it put me off immediately, the guy fronting it annoyed me in the 2 minutes, let alone 3 months. Shame because it looked great! I suppose if Insanity is enjoyable, and you keep working hard and improving, yeah the only bad thing is getting fitter and stronger.

Then in another 2 months decide if there's something calling to you!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Finally did fit test :) My legs felt SO heavy!

Switch Kicks 58 66 78 92
    Power Jacks 30 33 38 43
    Power Knees 63 69 74 87
    Power Jumps 18 19 26 40
    Globe Jumps 7 7 9 8
    Suicide Jumps 10 9 13 14
    Push-Up Jacks 6 10 16 18
    Low Plank Oblique 19 30 39 48

I'm not doing it with the best form. Next run through I'm going to do it all with each move fully, so I might only get 20 proper switch kicks in but then I'll be doing it 'properly'!
  • boberrymom
    Options
    OMG you did 40 power jumps?! You rock!! I have such a problem with it because i don't exactly land soft. I have been working more on this the last couple workouts and believe me my butt feels that! So i don't have as much power but it will get there.

I absolutely love Insanity. It's the only workout program that i can actually truly say that i love! I don't exactly love it when i'm doing it lol but i do honestly think it is my soulmate workout. I am seriously thinking about doing insanity again, especially because i love it so much. I also kinda wanna see how the first month's workouts are now that i completed a whole month....what kind of improvement would i have received after doing max interval. I like the p90x for the strength portion but yeah the guy fronting it is very arrogant it seems. My husband is wanting to try it bc insanity isn't his soulmate workout lol.

I definitely really have to think about it because the end is near.

Awesome job on your fit test!!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Yay thank you! I did the 40 - but not as powerfully the same as their power jumps, I cant lift my legs that high on each one!

I'm definitely going to do the fit test on the next round with 'full form'. Switch kicks with the leg at 90 degrees, power jumps with knees right up, push up jacks with a proper bend. I know it'll mean I do say, 10 switch kicks, and maybe only 4 power jumps but now I CAN do the proper, full movement, I would like to judge it accordingly. And then seen how those numbers inprove over the next round!

Starting week 9 thread!
  • boberrymom
    Options
    I agree, that is what i am going to do my next round too. I'm going to treat it like i've never done it before.

I really can't wait to do it again, i'm going to miss it so much.

I know i will feel lost, on my rest days i already feel lost lol.